Fugitive Radio Host Surrenders

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Force Commander

Fugitive Radio Host Surrenders

Post by Force Commander »

From http://www.allaccess.com
A former radio talk-show host convicted of embezzlement from the Sportsplex in KERNSTOWN, VA is no longer a wanted man, reports THE WINCHESTER STAR. After missing four sentencing hearings in FREDERICK COUNTY Circuit Court, RANDOLPH "RANDY" WRAY appeared in court WEDNESDAY, where Judge JOHN R. PROSSER sentenced him to six months in jail.

WRAY, suspended as the host of the now-defunct "Fit-Talk with RANDY WRAY" on WZRV/FRONT ROYAL pleaded guilty in MARCH to one count of misdemeanor embezzlement.

WRAY is scheduled to appear in the WARREN COUNTY court AUGUST 26th for a hearing on another charge -- driving under the influence.
"We are the CC Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your broadcast stations. We will add your biological and creative distinctiveness to our own. Your broadcast personality will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
Arp2

Re: Fugitive Radio Host Surrenders

Post by Arp2 »

Isn't "radio talk-show host" quite a stretch in this case?

I haven't actually checked this, but doesn't he sound like a buyer of brokered programming? That makes his time on the radio either an advertisement or a semi-expensive hobby, not a job or his identity!
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
BobFrank

Re: Fugitive Radio Host Surrenders

Post by BobFrank »

If I remember correctly, he was employed by Royal Broadcasting (owner of WZRV). What is messed up, is there was TV report about his show maybe going out on syndication before he was arrested last year. Ain't happening now.

-Tybois