New TV Station In Portsmouth

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

BrandX

New TV Station In Portsmouth

Post by BrandX »

Has Anyone Noticed The New TV Station In Portsmouth W66CZ. It Was A TBN Station But Now It's Called The Zone.
They Aired Local High School Football This Weekend & Broadcasted The County Fairs Demolition Derby Last Weekend.
There Website Is www.watchthezone.com
They Look To Be An America One Affiliate
sportsvoice

Re: New TV Station In Portsmouth

Post by sportsvoice »

Looks like the staff are all former employees of WQCW. Good luck to them, not sure if there is enough money in Portsmouth to make a go of it. The town is a hole. They might have better luck with their 2nd LPTV in Chillicothe.
Last edited by sportsvoice on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

No. I hadn't. I hope consumers go for the boxes with the analog bypass, though.
BrandX

Post by BrandX »

I Hear Time Warner Has Already Agreed To Give Them Cable Coverage. Just Don't Know When Though With The Transition & All.
Force Commander

Post by Force Commander »

I wonder why they didn't change the LPTV letter and number calls to an all letter call sign. I would just stick with the Zone on the website at least. It just won't compute with viewers or businessmen what those calls are.
"We are the CC Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your broadcast stations. We will add your biological and creative distinctiveness to our own. Your broadcast personality will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."