R.I.P., Mark Pennington

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

The Interpreter

R.I.P., Mark Pennington

Post by The Interpreter »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Mark Alan Pennington (1964-2009)

Mark Alan Pennington, 44, of Russell, Ky., died Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2009, in Community Hospice Care Center.

He was born May 30, 1964, in Ironton, Ohio. He was the son of Billy and Ruth Pennington of Hanging Rock, Ohio, and Howard and Barbara Bailey of Russell.

In addition to his parents, he is survived by his wife, Rhonda Remy Pennington; a daughter and son-in-law, Michelle and Dustin Otto and son Michael Pennington; two brothers and a sister-in-law, Steve Pennington and Greg and Andrea Bailey; a sister and brother-in-law, Julia and Ralph Bond; special nieces and nephews Hannah Pennington, Logan and Kaelin Bailey, Kimberly and Charles Bond; and maternal grandmother Mavis Cade. Mark is also survived by a special friend, Scott Hatfield.

Mark was preceded in death by his paternal grandparents, William and Blanche Pennington, and his maternal grandfather, Charles Cade. Mark grew up in Hanging Rock, Ohio, and attended Rock Hill Schools and Lawrence County JVS (Collins Career Center), graduating in 1982. He worked in local radio for 13 years before returning to his family business, Barbi-Lin Pools, which he owned along with his brother, Greg. Mark held Buddhist beliefs.

It was Mark’s wish to be cremated and for his ashes to be scattered in Key West, Fla. There will be no funeral service. A memorial and celebration of his life will be at an open house from 5 to 7 p.m. today at the VFW, 3026 S. Third St., Ironton.

In lieu of flowers, those wishing to remember Mark are asked to make a contribution to Community Hospice, 1538 Central Ave., Ashland, KY 41101.

Tracy Brammer Funeral Home in Ironton is in charge of arrangements.
http://www.dailyindependent.com/obituar ... 22647.html
Big Media

Re: R.I.P., Mark Pennington

Post by Big Media »

I met Mark only once. Nice guy.