WPAY does it again

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

sportsvoice

Re: WPAY does it again

Post by sportsvoice »

genlock wrote:TFT marketed a lot of things that worked poorly and didn't live long.
They were attractive tho, pretty in the rack.

They had a remote control unit that had the marketing label of
"Supervisory-Control-Scan".

Abbreviated to "Suc-O-Scan".
I didn't have one, but it lived up to it's nickname.
I had heard that the TFT brand stood for "Time For Trouble". That could be the case with this wonderful EAS machine. At least it worked last night for all the exciting thunderstorm warnings.

However, we do have a TFT RPU transmitter that has worked well, despite all the use and abuse from remotes and high school sports broadcasts.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Just checked... the circuit mod was done years ago but it hasn't helped anything. Still loses its ass on occasion.
sportsvoice

Post by sportsvoice »

Big Media wrote:Just checked... the circuit mod was done years ago but it hasn't helped anything. Still loses its ass on occasion.
Interesting. Guess I will just have to keep an eye on it. It will probably have to be junked anyway when all this CAP stuff gets implemented.
sportsvoice

Post by sportsvoice »

Cameron wrote: Replace the lithium battery. That's the number one problem when there's a power problem or loss. There is also a circuit mod that helps prevent memory loss problems: http://www.tftinc.com. You find the mod in the support section.
Do the circuit mods, replace the battery, and clean all the connections between the boards.
Following up on this...when I opened up the unit, I discovered that the mods were already added to this edition of the board.

However, I broke the #$^@! clip on the battery holder trying to get the battery out, so I get to pull the board anyway to put a new battery holder on. :evil: