Interesting radio promotion

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Ace Purple

Interesting radio promotion

Post by Ace Purple »

Last night I was in Paducah with my girlfriend, in town visiting a friend of hers, and we found ourselves downtown in the midst of a street festival event. There were people pulling a UPS truck as part of some sort of promotion that I never did get the full details about. We had just gone there to see the art murals on the flood wall, and we found ourselves in the midst of an outdoor gathering.

What was interesting to me was what 106.5 WZZL did for promotions: they had four young, attractive women in 106.5 WZZL t-shirts on roller skates who were zipping through the crowd. Anyone there in the male 18-34 (or 49 or 54) demo couldn't help but notice them. Sometimes promotions don't have to be high-budget to be effective...
On Twitter: @LouPickney
David Paleg

Re: Interesting radio promotion

Post by David Paleg »

There was writing on the shirts? Would any guy have noticed?
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Larkin Ocho Cinco

Re: Interesting radio promotion

Post by Larkin Ocho Cinco »

I like this, its the KISS principle, Keep it simple stupid. :D
For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
http://atriumforum.com/
Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!