Cincinnati ratings

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

EZ103.3FM

Cincinnati ratings

Post by EZ103.3FM »

Cinci Arbitron ratings from John Kiesewetter's blog at cincinnati.com
WLW-AM again was tops in the July Arbitron rankings, though down slightly from a 12.8% for May and June to a 12.3% after losing Mike McConnell…. and despite the Reds being in the pennant race. (No, I haven’t seen day parts, just overall station rankings.) But stations played musical chairs in the rest of the top 10 for July.

Classic hits WGRR-FM (103.5) jumped from fourth the past two months into a second-place tie with counry WUBE-FM (105.1).

WEBN-FM (102.7) jumped from a tie for sixth to fourth. And WKFS-FM (KISS 107.1) moved up from eighth to a fifth-place tie with talker WKRC-AM (550).

WKRQ-FM (Q102) fell from fifth to seventh, followed by WOFX-FM (92.5) eighth, and Rewind WREW-FM (94.9) falling from sixth to a tie for ninth with WRRM-FM (WARM98). For Rewind, it was the first time in at least four months the audience share had fallen under a 5% (to 4.9%).

Rewind station execs must be asking themselves: Is this a format or a fad?

Entire article at:
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2010/08/ ... to-second/
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
Big Media

Re: Cincinnati ratings

Post by Big Media »

Cincy is a PPM market. Classic Hits works because it serves the only generation still listening to radio.
lastone

Post by lastone »

Big Media wrote:Cincy is a PPM market. Classic Hits works because it serves the only generation still listening to radio.
Well said. Sad, but true. :|
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
The Interpreter

Post by The Interpreter »

Some others still listen to satellite radio. Siriusly.
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

I listened to Rewind when I was in Cincinnati in May and enjoyed what I heard.

As for the ratings, do the 6+ numbers reflect similar fluctuations in the money demos (such as P25-54)?
On Twitter: @LouPickney
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

From John Kiesewetter's blog at http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2010/09/ ... n-ratings/

There’s a new #2 in town. KISS107 (aka WKFS-FM, 107.1) was second in the August Arbitron ratings to WLW-AM, squeezing past country WUBE-FM (105.1). KISS was tied for 5th in July (with WKRC-AM) and down in 7th place in June, tied with WRRM-FM. Very impressive. B105 had been second in June-July, and usually is a Top 3 station with WGRR-FM (which slid to 4th in August).

Heading the opposite direction is REWIND (aka WREW-FM, 94.9), which fell to 10th. The ’80s music station started out strong in May last year, but this summer fell from 6th in June to 9th in July (tied with WARM98) and now 10th. Radio executives must be asking themselves that old question: Is this a format or a fad?
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra