Cinci's WARM98 cleaning house?

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

EZ103.3FM

Cinci's WARM98 cleaning house?

Post by EZ103.3FM »

WARM98 Fires Another DJ (from John Kiesewetter's blog at http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2010/09/ ... another-dj)

Night DJ Jim Smith is gone too. He was fired Friday along with morning host Dean Miuccio. Smith, a long-time WRRM-FM morning host, says he only returned to the Cumulus station to host nights in April with a promise of getting a better gig. WARM98 has fired three – Smith, and morning hosts Dean and Randi Douglas (August). Only two DJs are left, according to the WARM site – midday/program director Chris Lynn and afternoon drive DJ Bobbi Maxwell, while Lynn looks for a new morning host. Says Lynn: “The night air shift has been eliminated. Jim is no longer with the radio station. Playing music at night.”

Smith replaced the syndicated “Delilah” show in April. He had worked for WARM98 1983-86 and 1991-2002, and later on Christian WAKW-FM (93.1) 2003-05 and 2008-09. Here’s what he says:

“Chris Lynn contacted me back in April about doing evenings in place of Delilah…I told him I wasn’t interested in doing the evening shift…. He said he understood that, but he wanted to bring me on board so that in a few months he could move me into a more prominent day-part. So I agreed to voice-track (record) the evening show. Then last Friday, the 17th, in the midst of Chris attempting to enact his plans, Cumulus chose to do what they have done to so many people before me: they lied; they made promises and broke them; then they lied some more. And then they fired me altogether…. I have no grudge against Chris Lynn. Chris is a good man who just happens to take his orders from a programming executive in Atlanta…

“I refuse to be bitter—that only eats you up on the inside. God is good…and good things lie ahead. But I’m pretty sure that I’m through with radio. Not sure what I’ll do next…..I’ve been collecting material during the last 15 years for a non-fiction book…..maybe I’ll finally write it. If anyone wants to reach me, you can email me.”
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra