Poor Dave Maetzold

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Mr. Jones

Poor Dave Maetzold

Post by Mr. Jones »

Dave Maetzold said his anger over losing $25,000 has less to do with the money and more to do with a trusted relationship gone awry.
http://www.theotherpaper.com/news/artic ... 002e0.html
oldtvman2

Re: Poor Dave Maetzold

Post by oldtvman2 »

Is this the Dave Maetzold that worked as sports director for WOWK ? He married Kathy Whiteside. When Dave left WOWK Keith Morehouse was assistant news director. but they went outside and hired another instead of promoting Keith. I can't remember who they hired, Perhaps Ron Winders, anyway Keith went to WSAZ, this was in fact a great move for Keith. WOWK's staff changes daily. If this is the same Dave wow do I have stories about him.
REV. ED
EZ103.3FM

Re: Poor Dave Maetzold

Post by EZ103.3FM »

oldtvman2 wrote:Is this the Dave Maetzold that worked as sports director for WOWK ? He married Kathy Whiteside. When Dave left WOWK Keith Morehouse was assistant news director. but they went outside and hired another instead of promoting Keith. I can't remember who they hired, Perhaps Ron Winders, anyway Keith went to WSAZ, this was in fact a great move for Keith. WOWK's staff changes daily. If this is the same Dave wow do I have stories about him.
Yes - that's him. Last I heard he was working in some capacity with WTVN radio in Columbus.

25 years ago my then-fiance and I attended a pre-Cana (preparation for marriage) class at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Huntington. Dave & Kathy also were in the class. We got to know them a little bit since they were the only 'older' couple in the class. We were in our late 20's and the rest of the class was late-teens/early 20's. My wife and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary this August; reportedly Dave and Kathy didn't make it.

I do remember that Kathy had been married before and had to go through a Catholic annulment to get married in the church. Once it was done she even changed her name on-air from Whiteside to her maiden name of McAndrews. The class was held on 4 consecutive Sunday evenings for 2 hours each session. I think Dave may have attended a total of 2-3 hours since he was doing sports on the 11 o'clock newscast at that time.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra