Marvin Hamlisch's widow is Terre Blair, formerly of WTVN-TV

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

EZ103.3FM

Marvin Hamlisch's widow is Terre Blair, formerly of WTVN-TV

Post by EZ103.3FM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-nor ... 54039.html
This profile was originally published in 1991.

It was early 1989, and TV producer Terre Blair called her mother with the exciting news. "I'm engaged", she announced. "I'm getting married to Marvin Hamlisch!" "Marvin Hamlisch?", the prospective mother-in-law replied. "You mean the boxer from Las Vegas?" "No, Mom. That's Marvin Hagler", Terre laughed. "Marvin Hamlisch is a composer; he writes songs, and he tours". "Just what this family needs", said Mom. "An out-of-work songwriter".

Actually, by the time Hamlisch was 31, he had accomplished as much and certainly won more awards than most composers do in an entire lifetime. But the Pulitzer Prize and Tony award, as well as three Oscars and four Grammys, are part of his past. "I don't know whether it's my Type A personality, or the way I was raised, or what it is," mused Hamlisch, "but there's something in me that tends to only look forward, and not back."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... -york.html
Editor's note: This story was published May 30, 1989 when Marvin Hamlisch married Columbus native Terre Blair.

NEW YORK -- The sun shone on Terre Blair yesterday, even as the stars were out.

Under a bright blue sky on a riverfront pier, Blair -- a North High School and Otterbein College graduate -- became Mrs. Marvin Hamlisch before nearly 300 well-wishers that included celebrities and Blair's home town friends from central Ohio.

Despite the luminous presence of stars such as Liza Minnelli, Ann-Margret and Carly Simon -- longtime friends of Hamlisch -- nobody upstaged the bride.

Blair, 33, looked stunning in a white, off-the-shoulder chiffon dress, beaded in the bodice with pearls and diamonds. The dress was designed by Arnold Scaasi, who created Barbara Bush's inauguration gown.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra