Frak Yeah!

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Frak Yeah!

Post by Lester »

Rock

Post by Rock »

Righteous!!!

Sunday nights on Skiffy are starting to get good. 8)
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

So it's going to go away soon and then not come back until next January?
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

That was confirmed last night... "Returns in 2008".

I wonder if, based on the last 5 minutes, they're wrapping it up in the next 13 episodes.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Alright, I forgot to tape last night's show, what happened?
btw,The president is a cylon.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

***** SPOILER ALERT *******

Tigh, Tyrell, Sam, and the hot indian (cable) that works for the prez are either Cylons or really big fans of Jimmy Hendrix. (The music they've been hearing throughout the ship was "All Along the Watchtower".)

We saw another vision of the 5 unknown models... so if those are 4 of them... we're missing a 5th.

And Starbuck is back... she's been to Earth... and she brought a whole bunch of Cylon base ships with her.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

muchas gracias
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

It was a strange episode. 50 minutes of trial (Baltar is innocent), and 10 minutes of cliff hanger for season 4.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Bob Campbell wrote:Alright, I forgot to tape last night's show...
You could always bit-torrent it.....that's what I did with The Amazing Race after the basketball screwed it up....

Lester wrote:...or really big fans of Jimmy Hendrix. (The music they've been hearing throughout the ship was "All Along the Watchtower".)
End credits said, "Words and music by Bob Dylan; Vocals by Bt4; Adapted, arranged, and produced by Bear McCreary."

BTW, that's a heckuva cliffhanger for a ten-month wait....ten months!
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Dylan wrote the song and a few others that have been covered by dozens of bands. I can think of at least 7 bands or artists that have done versions of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door."
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Sorry... I'll try to brush up on my angry hippy music & lyrics. :-)
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Lester wrote:Sorry... I'll try to brush up on my angry hippy music & lyrics. :-)
:lol: Heh...I won't!
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Lester wrote:Sorry... I'll try to brush up on my angry hippy music & lyrics. :-)
Please don't. Hippy music sucks ass. Even the GNR version of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" is a piece a shit. Dylan wrote it for a movie about cowboys and shit and it still sucks. If you get into the quasi-political, peace, love, and incense stuff you'll puke and I won't have you puing because of me.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Now, now, if you can watch "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" and, after 8 or beers and bong hits, not cry when "Knockin'" is playing while the sheriff slowly bleeds to death as his wife holds him, you are an insensitive clod. Great film, great song. Dylan plays the knife throwing theif, Kris Kristoferson plays Pat Garrett. Classic underground film.
Yeah, Dylan, what a putz. His music will NEVER influence anybody. If it's good enough for Hendrix,,,and Slash, it's good enough for me.

Plus, I'm too internet and computer illiterate to even know what "bit-torrent" is. Please someone enlighten me.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Am I the only one that thought Guns-n-Roses version of "Knockin.." was really good?
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Pretty much.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Thought so.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Bob Campbell wrote: Plus, I'm too internet and computer illiterate to even know what "bit-torrent" is. Please someone enlighten me.
Aw, it's easy. You know bits, right? Well, bit torrent is when you have a torrent of bits.
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

uh...thanks.....damn foreigners.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

He's pretty much right. :) It's a torrent of bits that come flying at you and you send flying at others in a somehow different means of file-sharing. And, for who knows what reason, for just about every show that airs, someone somewhere records it, digitizes it, and puts it out for sharing. Albums and movies and pay-per-views, too.

You neeed a bit torrent client (program) and a list of some websites that list available torrents to make it work. Like other P2P apps/methods, though, it's trackable. (A good friend of mine "secretly" works for the "secret" company that does the tracking for the RIAA and the movie and TV studios, and he tells me they deployed another 200 machines just last week. He recommends using newsgroups to be virtually untrackable, but that seems almost impossible to me...maybe I'll figure it out and make it go someday.)