"Prepare for a news shit storm."

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Lester
Administrator
Administrator

"Prepare for a news shit storm."

Post by Lester »

The Onion Goes Viral With Video
Before The Daily Show With Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report, there was The Onion. So why hasn't the satirical weekly taken a swipe at broadcast journalism yet?

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,728 ... =rss.index
cgarison

Re: "Prepare for a news shit storm."

Post by cgarison »

Lester wrote:The Onion Goes Viral With Video
Before The Daily Show With Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report, there was The Onion. So why hasn't the satirical weekly taken a swipe at broadcast journalism yet?

This is great for Colbert. Freakin' theif has even stolen post that I have made on this board and used them for his show last year. It really made me mad.

:evil:
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

cgarison wrote:This is great for Colbert. Freakin' theif has even stolen post that I have made on this board and used them for his show last year. It really made me mad.

I don't understand....

:?
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

cgarison wrote:
Lester wrote:The Onion Goes Viral With Video

This is great for Colbert. Freakin' theif has even stolen post that I have made on this board and used them for his show last year. It really made me mad.

Proof?
Dr Fever

Post by Dr Fever »

Bob Loblaw wrote:
Proof?
"Children are like TV sets. When they start acting weird, whack them across the head with a big rubber basketball shoe."
-Hunter S. Thompson
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Check out my post from last year on Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Dr Fever

Post by Dr Fever »

cgarison wrote:Check out my post from last year on Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
that'd require...like....effort....
"Children are like TV sets. When they start acting weird, whack them across the head with a big rubber basketball shoe."
-Hunter S. Thompson
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

From Nov. 28, 2005
cgarison wrote:It is a real frickin shame when an artist as influential as Herb Alpert gets a "non-performer" lifetime achievement award when his music has spawned more top hits in the 60's than did the Beatles, Stones, or even Elvis.

(sigh)

And I am not even measuring the sucess of Alpert after the TJB.

I am beginning to see the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as a crock of crap that stinks instead of the effluent that makes things grow that is all the other halls of fame.
Still not making the connection there.