Old Gas Station Leaking

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

lastone

Old Gas Station Leaking

Post by lastone »

The location of an old gasoline station is oozing gas as heavy rains continue here in downtown Barboursville. The site (a former Teaxco I think) is now a dual up stairs apartment over garage area and has in years past been a UPS location. The gas station has been gone since the 60's. Receint construction of new apartments next door may have disturbed the underground tanks which were not removed. Within yards of the location is the fire station, a senior apartment building next door and others. No word on what is leaking, gasoline or diesel, but I do know the EPA and DNR have been called.

I wonder which station (3 or 13) will get it right, or even mention it!
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
lastone

Post by lastone »

And the answer is: NEITHER!

No one was murdered or arrested or cheering a surfing dog, so no mention.

A potentially dangerous situation gets no coverage......it didn't blow up.

OOPS.....Ok...so I put this in the wrong header...hey, I'm old!
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.