Sad news for Rock. Captain America is dead.

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Sad news for Rock. Captain America is dead.

Post by The People's DJ »

Comic superhero Captain America is assassinated

By Ethan Sacks

New York Daily News

NEW YORK - Captain America is dead.

The Marvel Entertainment superhero, created in 1941 as a patriotic adversary for the Nazis, is killed off in Captain America #25, which hits the stands Wednesday.

As Captain America emerges from a courthouse building, he is struck by a sniper's bullet in the shoulder and then hit again in the stomach, blood seeping out of his star-spangled costume.

His death is sure to ignite controversy in the comic book world - still reeling from Superman's death in 1993 and resurrection the following year - and even political pundits, who may see Captain America's demise as an allegory for the United States.

"It's a hell of a time for him to go. We really need him now," said co-creator Joe Simon, 93, after being informed of his brainchild's death.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 849577.htm
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Anything for a buck.

Assholes.
304live

Post by 304live »

who do you think they are going to make have do it...

arab bad guys? the us govt? right wing extremists? anti-american americans?
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

They're outsourcing his job; give it six months and he'll be back as Captain Central America at $15 less per hour.
Rock

Post by Rock »

I would almost bet some white, militia type. Homegrown, of course. :roll:

Captain America will never die. Marvel's a bunch of money-grubbing fools. :evil:
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

Why do I suspect a miraculous recovery in Captain America #26?
On Twitter: @LouPickney
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

The fact that we are even having this conversation gives me pause to consider why I frequent this site. We are talking about comic books here, right?

Here's what I see coming next:
Mark Hallburn wrote:When I worked for Marvel Comics back in 1994, we considered killing off Captain America. I lost that job too.
304live

Post by 304live »

i drunk a duece of miller lite with Joe Simon back in 83
Rock

Post by Rock »

fanofbigmedia wrote:The fact that we are even having this conversation gives me pause to consider why I frequent this site. We are talking about comic books here, right?

Here's what I see coming next:
Mark Hallburn wrote:When I worked for Marvel Comics back in 1994, we considered killing off Captain America. I lost that job too.
Show prep? Or, because radio nerds are known to read comics, play video games, watch Star 'insert word here', and generally, be known as radio nerds. 8)
- Claire Wolfe
Rock

Post by Rock »

304live wrote:i drunk a duece of miller lite with Joe Simon back in 83
priceless. :)
- Claire Wolfe
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Ahh...the beauty that is the Marvel timeline. I'm thinking that someone in one the comics will try to go back in time and stop the assassination. However; in the Marvel universe you don't change the timeline. You create a new timeline. So even though someone went back in time and stop the assassination, they didn't change his/hers/its timeline, they made a new one.

My head spins with all these timeline.

If I'm not mistaken, Mags is no longer in the Utlimates timeline. He got stuck in a different timeline where Earth has a virus that cause all the heros and villians to turn into flesh eating zombies where he dies and is eaten.

And if Hallburn comes into this thread and states that he somehow work with Marvel, I will burn everthing I own that is Marvel.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

SPIKE NESMITH! wrote:They're outsourcing his job; give it six months and he'll be back as Captain Central America at $15 less per hour.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

fanofbigmedia wrote:Here's what I see coming next:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lee

Post by Lee »

So I guess being born in 1941, his reflexes aren't as good as they used to be and he couldn't whip out that shield in time to deflect the bullet...

Captain America was lame anyway, he had a fucking SHIELD!! He threw the shield at those "dangerous" bad guys like the Red Skull...like they couldn't move out of the way..."Uh-oh...shield coming at me...WHAT DO I DO?!?"

Captain America was as useless as Aquaman. At least the Apache Chief could grow big..who wouldn't be scared of a 20 story tall Indian??

:D
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
David Paleg

Post by David Paleg »

Ace Purple wrote:Why do I suspect a miraculous recovery in Captain America #26?
Or could it be leading up to a new comic book: CSI #1 - Who Killed Captain America?
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
genlock

Post by genlock »

cut-n-paste from somewhere on the net

The urge to hug a departed loved one again or prevent atrocities are among the compelling reasons that keep the notion of time travel alive in the minds of many.

While the idea makes for great fiction, some scientists now say traveling to the past is impossible.
Videos

Can You Time Travel?
The joys, terrors and true possibilities of navigating the fourth dimension, with quantum physicist Michio Kaku and astrophysicist Charles Liu.

There are a handful of scenarios that theorists have suggested for how one might travel to the past, said Brian Greene, author of the bestseller, “The Elegant Universeâ€
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

[quote="genlock"]cut-n-paste from somewhere on the net

Can You Time Travel?
The joys, terrors and true possibilities of navigating the fourth dimension, with quantum physicist Michio Kaku and astrophysicist Charles Liu.

There are a handful of scenarios that theorists have suggested for how one might travel to the past, said Brian Greene, author of the bestseller, “The Elegant Universeâ€
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

The case had been re-classified as an accident. Apparently Captain America had been.....wait for it......on a hunting trip with Vice President Cheney.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Jay Nunley wrote:NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever.

Jerk-off.
:D
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

In physics, time is described as a dimension much like length, width, and height. When you travel from your house to the grocery store, you’re traveling through a direction in space, making headway in all the spatial dimensions—length, width and height. But you’re also traveling forward in time, the fourth dimension.
NO! You're not traveling forward in time, you're moving with time, at the same speed.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go put some more tape on my glasses. (i really do!)