The rejection letter to end all rejection letters.

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

SPIKE NESMITH!

The rejection letter to end all rejection letters.

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

I got one like this once... not *quite* as bad, but not far off it:
The Stun wrote:WHEN a young radio hopeful heard a UK station was looking for new presenters she sent the boss an email with an idea for a show.

But 26-year-old Muthamma Prasad was shocked when she received a reply from station boss Richard Thomas with the first line: "Are you mentally deficient?"

The email continued: "I am not interested in your idea at all especially if your social etiquette is anything to go by, only a cretin would want you anywhere near a microphone and the mass media.

"Please do not contact me again via e-mail or telephone."
Full article plus letters here: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007100501,00.html

Assuming, of course, you care about something that happens in Europe.
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

Wow! If that happened on this side of the pond, the line of lawyers waiting to pounce would boggle the mind.
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

She got "Hallburn"ed.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

i think i've worked for this guy... or at least a close relative... :)
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Ya know...after reading the actual e-mails, the dude was WAY off-case in his response. Consequently, she went even FURTHER overboard in hers.

Dare I say, she came across as a snotty cunt in her response.

The Dude has valid arguments, but they were stated in the absolute wrong way.

Girlfriend ain't no hero in this.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Bob Loblaw wrote:Girlfriend ain't no hero in this.
I concur. The guy is an ass but he is, for the most part, right about her etiquette. I would have told her to kiss my ass too but not in those words. I probably would have just deleted it.

It is funny. All through college they taught us to put "I will call you in a few days... " on every cover you send. I have no earthly clue why. I get calls from folks looking for a job and it annoys the hell out of me. If you want a job, look to see what is open and to whom you apply before you call up and ask for "the HR Manager" or some stupid shit like that. And for cryin' out loud, if you do apply, there is no need to call us. We'll call you if and when we are ready to call you.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

I missed the email link the first time...

Wow. All he needed to do was drop that last sentence, and he would be dead on. She was totally trying to bulldog him into a meeting.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

her first lesson in: "to work in this business, one must aquire a thick skin"

maybe if she had fired back with "look meat head, don't be a dick. i'll take you out to lunch one day next week and tell you all about it. let me know what day's best for you, ass face" maybe then she'd have gotten a meeting. you really gotta know what the person you're talking to "responds to" before you know how to manipulate them. she must have left her "how to be female" handbook at home that day. it's right there on page 3.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.