The Randy Moss-age of OJ Mayo has begun!

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Lee

The Randy Moss-age of OJ Mayo has begun!

Post by Lee »

From WSAZ.com:
The Sheriff's department says they were serving a search warrant on a home on 10th Avenue in Huntington, when they noticed a suspicious car in the area.

They pulled the car over, 4 men were inside, Mayo was in the passenger seat. When they found a small amount of marijuana inside, no one would claim it, all 4 were cited.

Police say Mayo was the only Huntington High player in the car.

Mayo was not arrested nor was he taken into custody. He will have to appear in Cabell county Magistrate court.
:lol:

And yet, they're selling jerseys of this guy in local sports stores.

He's still in high school.

There's probably 45 year old men that wear jerseys of a high school basketball player.

That's disturbing...
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Mark Hallburn

Post by Mark Hallburn »

What was "suspicious" about the car? Does being a black person driving a Cadillac make the car "suspicious?"
News For Putnam County
www.PutnamLIVE.com
genlock

Post by genlock »

No conspiracy.
OJ was seen earlier in the company of drug dealers.
Maybe the other occupants were the same guys.
The Interpreter

Post by The Interpreter »

Genlock's version is confirmed here:

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/local/070 ... -bust.html
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

As I said in the other section...If you've have all the opportunities that OJ has..STAY THE FUCK HOME, DUMB ASS!
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Mark Hallburn

Post by Mark Hallburn »

Just parking "Near" the location of a prior drug raid means nothing.

Many of us shop or work in bad areas of town where drug raids happen. Or we have worked in such areas.

So what made the car "suspicious?" Is this a case of "driving while black?" I haven't heard the question asked.
News For Putnam County
www.PutnamLIVE.com
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

You have millions of dollars waiting on you, OJ. Stay the fuck home, dumb ass, period.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Mark Hallburn wrote:Does being a black person driving a Cadillac make the car "suspicious?"
Yes, it does. If it's a bunch of 19 year olds in a drug infested ghetto.

Next.

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Mark Hallburn

Post by Mark Hallburn »

New York has ghettos. Chicago has ghettos. Los Angeles has ghettos.

Huntington just has some bad neighborhoods.

There are places in L.A. and Chicago that I won't drive through during the DAY. There isn't anywhere in West Virginia that I am afraid to drive at ANY time.
News For Putnam County
www.PutnamLIVE.com
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Mark Hallburn wrote:Huntington just has some bad neighborhoods.
And millions less people... making undesirable actions more noticeable, and lowering the acceptance level for that behavior. (In short, what a Chicago cop calls suspicious is a lot worse than what a Huntington cop would call suspicious. That's why a lot of people move from big cities to smaller ones.)

He was parked near where something bad happened... and they found something bad in the car... the next day a second drug bust occured in the same neighborhood.

Take your white man's guilty elsewhere... maybe your own message board?
Mark Hallburn

Post by Mark Hallburn »

I never said the cop was a white man. I just understand the reality that blacks often are stopped because they "just happen" to be driving expensive cars. They also are stereotyped and accused of many other things.

Jamal Wilkes (formerly Keith) was pulled over and harassed in L.A. while driving (I believe) his Mercedes.

Broadcaster and former MLB star Joe Morgan was harassed at LAX.

There are MANY more instances. Those are simply two that I think about immediately.

I'm not saying Mayo didn't have drugs. He might have. I believe he is running with the wrong crowd. (And is stupd for doing so) With Huntington's drug reputation (and drug-related murders in recent years) one must be STUPID to put yourself in that situation... And it's hard to blame cops for putting the hammer down on drug dealers....

What I am asking is, why haven't any of the Huntington reporters asked the question of "Why was his car 'suspicious?'" And IF the ONLY answer was that a black kid was driving a Cadillac in a bad neighborhood, someone has some explaining to do...
News For Putnam County
www.PutnamLIVE.com
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Mark Hallburn wrote:
Huntington just has some bad neighborhoods.

Main Entry: ghet·to
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural ghettos also ghettoes
Etymology: Italian, from Venetian dialect ghèto island where Jews were forced to live, literally, foundry (located on the island), from ghetàr to cast, from Latin jactare to throw
Date: 1611
1: a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live
2: a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure
3 a: an isolated group <a> b: a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity <the>
http://www.m-w.com/

Hmmm...so using #2, any city or town could have ghettos.

Oh yea...Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock...
Less than one hour...We're waiting.
304live

Post by 304live »

so where does OJ live again? what street did he grow up on......
AARON SCOTT

Post by AARON SCOTT »

He is in High School. Imagine being in High School and getting high!!! WOW First time this ever happened!!! The kid is in high school ( remember what it was like) Its not like he was dealing crack on the corner. The problem is parents sit their kids down in front of the tv and think that cable tv will raise them up. We forget that ball players are not role models....... moms, dads, aunts, uncles, etc. Those are role models
I dont think any of us can imagine the stress that comes with being 18 and the best High School player in the world???
kriss kross will make ya jump, jump
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

AARON SCOTT wrote:He is in High School. Imagine being in High School and getting high!!! WOW First time this ever happened!!! The kid is in high school ( remember what it was like) Its not like he was dealing crack on the corner.
Oh, stop it. Stop trying to paint this "Beaver Cleaver goes to Eddie Haskell's house and smokes a cigarette behind the garage" image of the situation.
The problem is parents sit their kids down in front of the tv and think that cable tv will raise them up.
What does Cable TV have anything to do with OJ and friends circling the block where known drug dealers operate and, in fact, the cops were serving a warrant?
We forget that ball players are not role models...
Yes, they are.
.... moms, dads, aunts, uncles, etc. Those are role models.
Yes, they are.
I dont think any of us can imagine the stress that comes with being 18 and the best High School player in the world???
I'm sure it's quite a burden. To be so naturally gifted. To be a standout athlete in a society that worships standout athletes. To be idolized. To be the center of attention. To get anything you want because of who you are. And you didn't even have to earn it -- it was a gift.

Oh, the pain of it all. :roll:

So, AARON SCOTT, in your world of values and morality, it's OK to break the law when you're stressed out? Do we bust the loser with a bag of weed and give OJ a free ride because of who he is? I'm having trouble understanding your point of reference.

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

AARON SCOTT wrote:I dont think any of us can imagine the stress that comes with being 18 and the best High School player in the world???
He's 19 (when he should be 17), and, yes, I can imagine "zero."
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

You know what I haven't seen so far? The race card. It's kinda been thrown out in this thread but nothing in the media.

Stress? At 19(or 17 or whatever his age is)?

Maybe if he was, I don't know, a king of a country.
304live

Post by 304live »

so tell me again..... what street does OJ live on?

circling the block to not have to deal with the swat team down the street from your house maybe....

circling the block to try to see if anybody you know is getting pulled out of the house in handcuffs because you live 1 block over....

circling the block ..... maybe they drove by once but the cops saw black guys in the car and they are all hyped up because they just arrested a whole house full of drug dealers so "lets go get us some more"
AARON SCOTT

Post by AARON SCOTT »

When you guys get done paying for the sin of all man kind, get off the cross and use the wood to build a bridge to get over yourselves. Remember what it was like to be young????? You didnt get in any trouble?? Never made a mistake??? How quick we are to think that others somehow give a shit what we think!!!
Have a great day guys!!
kriss kross will make ya jump, jump
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Yes I remember what it was like to be young. What I don't remember is what it was to be 19 and have the entire world ready to kiss my ass because I can shoot a basketball. This kid as the entire world waiting on him and all he has to do is NOT get in trouble and associate with bad people. Stay in the gym, stay in your room, do whatever it takes to keep your nose clean. If I had going for me at 19 what he does I would have never have left the house. There will be plenty of time to get into trouble with Johnny Law AFTER you have made it big.