One boy, 150 felonies (and counting ...)

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Hoosier Daddy

One boy, 150 felonies (and counting ...)

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

One boy, 150 felonies

ELIZABETH GOUSSETIS
Messenger staff writer

NELSONVILLE --

A 13-year-old Nelsonville boy who has been charged in connection with about 150 felonies was arrested after he allegedly beat up an informant, according to city police.

Police said they are expecting four youths and two adults to be charged as accomplices in some of the crimes the boy allegedly committed.

As The Messenger reported Friday, the 13-year-old denied 12 delinquency counts in Athens County Juvenile Court on Wednesday, including felony vandalism, felony theft, theft from the elderly, burglary, felony tampering and receiving stolen property. A March 21 pretrial has been slated. He had previously denied delinquency charges of burglary, intimidation of a witness, assault and theft from parked cars.

"A lot of them were happening in January or February of this year and it just escalated to the point that something was happening every day," Nelsonville Ptl. Ed Downs said.

Although Downs said police believed the youth worked alone on some things, he almost always had a lookout.

"We've had 27 cases documented since 2006 and they've been a serious problem through that amount of time, and we've heard from various people that they've been suspecting it was him," Downs said.

Nelsonville police searched the youth's home Feb. 23 after receiving a tip about the crimes from another juvenile, and found stolen property, much of which Downs said has been returned to the owners.

On Monday, the boy allegedly beat up the informant on a school bus, and Downs said he was taken into custody on a charge of intimidation of a witness. The informant is one of the youths who could be charged in the investigation, Downs said.

After the juvenile was locked up, Downs said, other witnesses -- who had been afraid of the boy and who knew what was going on and where some of the missing property was -- came forward with more information.

Several of the charges related to two burglaries of Fulbrooks Cafe and the Dew House in March and November of last year. Downs said the juvenile is accused of stealing money and candy the first time, and candy and the cash register the second time. He allegedly hid the cash register in a camper, where he emptied it, Downs said.

Downs said the current charges may not be the end of this.

"There's more than what we charged him with," Downs asserted. "There are just so many, the witnesses couldn't pinpoint them all."
Source: The Athens Messenger

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

theft from the elderly

HUH???? how's that different that theft from any other poor schmuck? is that an actual crime on it's own????

*sigh*
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Because stealing from the elderly is easier...it's not like they can run after you or anything...

And they only drive 25 MPH on the road.

:D
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

The handful of "theft from the elderly" cases I've seen involve stealing from bedridden patients in hospitals or under home health care, or swindling an Alzheimer's patient, or promising a needed service - like delivery and set-up of a portable oxygen system - then taking the money and skipping town.

Hope that helps.

8)
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Given Elizabeth's writing history, I'm surprised she didn't include a step-by-step "how to commit a felony, yourself" section..... :roll:
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Arp2 wrote:Given Elizabeth's writing history, I'm surprised she didn't include a step-by-step "how to commit a felony, yourself" section..... :roll:
I have this mental picture: Arp and Elizabeth, cuddled up in bed. Elizabeth wearing nothing but Mickey Mouse ears and Arp sporting that big Burger King head.

ELIZ: C'mon Arp. Gimme the Whopper.
ARP: No ... not until you say you're sorry for placing punctuation outside the quotation marks in last Sunday's Messenger.
ELIZ: Oh Arp ...
ARP: That's "Oh <comma> Arp." The three trailing periods are OK.
ELIZ: Whopper? Please, baby?
ARP: With cheese?
ELIZ: Yeah baby, Whopper with cheese.
ARP: Dammit! It's "Yeah <comma> baby <period>" and then "Whopper <comma> with cheese" and three more of those trailing periods
ELIZ: (Sigh)
ELIZ: I'm going back to Mark Hallburn's house.

8)
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:I have this mental picture: Arp and Elizabeth, cuddled up in bed. Elizabeth wearing nothing but Mickey Mouse ears and Arp sporting that big Burger King head.
That's pretty hot... 8)

I think you've given me new honeymoon ideas....
ELIZ: Oh Arp ...
ARP: That's "Oh <comma> Arp." The three trailing periods are OK.
"Ellipsis"

And, no...at the end of a sentence, it should be four!

And my usage is overwhelmingly in the informal sense...I certainly don't recommend it in normal writing.
ELIZ: Whopper? Please, baby?
Value menu Whopper Jr...best I can do.... :P
ARP: With cheese?
ELIZ: Yeah baby, Whopper with cheese.
Absolutely not! I'm really clean! One girl I dated liked to lie on the couch with her head in the crook of my arm 'cause my arm always smelled so clean!

I guess most guys just aren't that clean...I've heard (from another source) many or most guys hit only five spots with soap during a typical shower....
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

I have my bitches bathe me so, I wouldn't know.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

When do we get to see pictures of Shaffer's smokin' hot sister?

You are The Man on this one, Nunley. Produce.

Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:When do we get to see pictures of Shaffer's smokin' hot sister?

You are The Man on this one, Nunley. Produce.

he's in radio, you expect him to know how to work a camera?

there'll probably be a big ass finger in front of the lens in every pic...

(ok, maybe it's just me)
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

That's no finger!!

The idea of Nunley in a bathtub....

Never mind.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!