OJ Mayo cited for possession and WOWK w/ the exclusive vids?

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Norm

Post by Norm »

Good job WOWK. Everyone always jumps on you when you screw up. Good job this time. You deserve kudos.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Mark Hallburn wrote:Len Bias...
Len Bias had the same problem as Liberace: Both got ahold of some bad crack.

8O
YOU OWN ME A NEW MONITOR!!!!!!!!!

:lol:
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

Mark Hallburn wrote:And though his career isn't going well with the Raiders, whose career is?
Raiders MLB Kirk Morrison has had 116 and 127 tackles, respectively, in his first two NFL seasons. Not bad for a third round pick.
On Twitter: @LouPickney
Mark Hallburn

Post by Mark Hallburn »

OK, I will give you Morrison.... But you missed my point... If you play for the Raiders, things are not going well....

Which begs the question: Why doesn't San Jose or Sacramento have an NFL team? Because then Oakland would want one too.
News For Putnam County
www.PutnamLIVE.com
304live

Post by 304live »

i still havent seen a report that said the weed was his...... only that nobody would say the weed was theirs so they all got the charge

lovely how you've all already thrown him under the bus....
kaos

Post by kaos »

Damn, is there anything Hallburn does not know something about - now, on top of it all, he is a sports expert!!! What a guy!!!

Just for the record, Randy Moss was busted for drugs, not once, but twice - let's get it straight Mr. News Source!!

Finally, I have serious doubts OJ will ever be an NBA star. Yes, he'll play in the league but he will be middle of the pack at best - he's no LeBron, no Kobe, no Kevin Garrett by any stretch. 7th of 8th guys on the team if that - he'll no longer be in Huntington kicking the snot out of Lincoln County, Spring Valley, Riverside, Greenbrier East, etc. That will be the big time and he won't be ready for the big time at all.
304live

Post by 304live »

you've obviously never watched him play against top flight competition....

he does kick the snot out of other future nba stars and has been for years.... he's competed with and flourished against Div1 stars (and current NBA players) in the AAU tourny games for years....

if you think high school games are the place he got his reputation your mistaken.....
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

304live wrote:i still havent seen a report that said the weed was his...... only that nobody would say the weed was theirs so they all got the charge

lovely how you've all already thrown him under the bus....
Guilt by association.

If nobody claims it, then everybody gets charged.
Mark Hallburn

Post by Mark Hallburn »

I have never seen O.J. Mayo play.

And I DON'T claim to be a sports expert. But here is the Raiders' record for last season: 2-14. That was the worst in the league. Now you don't have to a be an NFL Hall-of-Fame inductee to say that the team sucked last season.

Since Mayo was offered a scholarship at USC (and accepted) this "non-sports expert" would venture to guess that they must think he is pretty good.

Many who HAVE seen Mayo play say he is NBA material. Whether or not he becomes a star remains to be seen.

This much I can say: Even if Mayo is only the 8th best player on a NBA team means he is one of the best basketball players on this planet and can probably whip all of us together on a basketball court! He certainly would kill me.
News For Putnam County
www.PutnamLIVE.com
304live

Post by 304live »

very true ... i know it is guilt by association

but having someone your with get caught with weed certainly doesnt make somebody a "thug"

a thug is a brute... a thug is criminal with no regard to human loss.... a thug is somebody who would rob your grandma and shove her to the ground and kick her in the ribs afterwards

a dumbass kid who still hangs around with the guys he's grown up with all his life who dont have millions of dollars waiting for them in a couple of years because he knows where they stand with him because they've always stood with them.... even though they are gonna get him in trouble for stupid ass weed possesion charges and more than likely other stupid shit like this in the future

does not make you a thug

throw him under the bus for being an dumbass in picking and choosing his friends and when to hang out with his friends.....

but do not put names on people that are not true...

lets make an example maybe that'll be easier to grasp on to

hallburn is a douchebag .. one of those .. ive done that before you and twice as good as you type of guys....

but thats doesnt make him a bank robber..... douchebag doesnt equal bank robber

dumbass kid doesnt equal thug just because he's black....

and if any of y'all saying that the thug comments dont have anything to do with him being black... your a liar

i dont recall the public thuggery charges for the white gonzaga players even though they are DRUG DEALERS

i dont recall any pulic thuggery charges for Brett Myers... the guys BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF HIS WIFE
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

304live wrote:but having someone your with get caught with weed certainly doesnt make somebody a "thug".
OK, I'll give you that ...
a thug is a brute... a thug is criminal with no regard to human loss.... a thug is somebody who would rob your grandma and shove her to the ground and kick her in the ribs afterwards
Well ... in the most extreme examples. How's about "assaults a referee during a high school basketball game"?
and if any of y'all saying that the thug comments dont have anything to do with him being black... your a liar
Nope. Not at all. Past history. His friends and associates. Possession of an illegal substance. What he's doing at the time and where. It all paints a picture, you know.

You're very sensitive -- overly sensitive, as a matter of fact -- about all of this, and you seemed more than ready to throw the race card down, as if it would shut everybody up.

Tell you what ... In 10 years, let's see where OJ Mayo is with his life. If he's a responsible, productive member of society, with an education, a steady job, a home, maybe a family and all that grown-up adult stuff, I'll owe you an apology and dinner. If OJ's been in and out of jail (on assault and drug related charges) and is, in general, a total fucking mess, then my observations are correct and you'll owe me.

Deal?
i dont recall the public thuggery charges for the white gonzaga players even though they are DRUG DEALERS. i dont recall any pulic thuggery charges for Brett Myers... the guys BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF HIS WIFE
Thugs. All of them. Happy?

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Dammit dude... I was gonna quote your whole response and say "But he's Black."
lastone

Post by lastone »

So OJ wasn't out smokin' and crusin' with his pals......... Right.
And he's not just another "showoff" jock..... Right.
He's just a good player imported from Cincy as a ringer for Huntington High.......Damn Right! :lol:

Wasn't that a "Law & Order" plot a few years back?
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
The Interpreter

Post by The Interpreter »

And now, one of the other 'adults' in the car has claimed ownership of the herbal product, and the charges against Mr. Mayo have been dismissed.

As a wise person here--304 live--implicitly predicted...

[quote]March 12, 2007

HUNTINGTON — Local basketball star O.J. Mayo has been cleared of any wrongdoing, as a defense attorney says his client will take the rap for 15 grams of marijuana that was seized Friday night.

Mayo’s misdemeanor drug charge was dismissed in Cabell County Magistrate Court about 3:15 p.m. Monday. He and three others were cited for drug possession Friday night when Cabell County Sheriff’s Deputies seized about 15 grams of marijuana from the car carrying Mayo and others.

The basketball player’s charges were dismissed once Esau Johnson — a man convicted of two prior felonies — signed documents taking responsibility for owning the marijuana. The document signed by Johnson and his attorney, David D. Perry.

“I hereby accept full responsibility for ownership, custody and control of the above-referenced marijuana,â€
PassiveObserver

Post by PassiveObserver »

As long as he doesn't turn into Ohio State's Maurice Clarett, we're all good.
"Being a bastard works." - Spider Jerusalem