Security guard's brilliant scheme somehow goes awry

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Dr. Whiplash

Security guard's brilliant scheme somehow goes awry

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

Continuing the theme of dumbasses in the news..

Columbus police smelled an inside job soon after the robbers sped away from the Columbus Convention Center with a suitcase full of cash.

A security guard had planned the route from the security office to the finance office and insisted on carrying the money. When the two robbers approached and fogged guard Adrian Battle with chemical spray, he dropped the case containing about $40,000. And there was one more thing: The 21-year-old Battle knew he was going to be fired for poor performance. So police went to Battle’s apartment and found the sport-utility vehicle that witnesses had described as the getaway car.

"That’s where they kind of got a hint," deadpanned Detective Lt. Thomas Fischer.

While police watched, Battle left the apartment and got into another vehicle. Officers followed and pulled him over on I-71 near Hudson Street. He had $1,000 wrapped with a rubber band in his pocket and another $1,000 in the vehicle’s console, according to a search warrant. They searched the apartment and found the suitcase, bank bags and bundles of cash. Battle is charged with robbery. His 20-year-old girlfriend, Ashley Sutherland, is charged with complicity. Both are free on bond. Police are looking for the other two men involved.
Mark Hallburn

Post by Mark Hallburn »

If there was an actual charge of felony stupid this would be a great time to use it...

At least Columbus Police figured out how to solve a crime. I am STILL waiting for them to solve the crime of who stole my wallet and credit cards out of my car's trunk SIX YEARS AGO!!!

:(
News For Putnam County
www.PutnamLIVE.com
Lee

Post by Lee »

Amazing how you want to turn a post to something about you!!

24 more hours.....
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

Mark Hallburn wrote:If there was an actual charge of felony stupid this would be a great time to use it...

Yeah, but I can wait another 24 hours.
Mark Hallburn

Post by Mark Hallburn »

I've waited six years for Columbus' "Finest" to solve the crime...

An incompetent detective unit.
News For Putnam County
www.PutnamLIVE.com
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Mark Hallburn wrote:An incompetent detective unit.
You say you have an impotent defective unit?

Dang....my hearing's not what it once was....
The Interpreter

Post by The Interpreter »

Next thing you know, he'll claim his wallet had $40,000 in it.