Phil Spector murder trial begins Monday

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Dr. Whiplash

Phil Spector murder trial begins Monday

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

LOS ANGELES -- The murder trial of pioneering rock producer Phil Spector finally begins Monday, more than four years after a B-movie actress was found shot to death at his castle-like mansion outside Los Angeles. The trial, delayed repeatedly since Spector was indicted in 2003, will be shown on live television amid fascination with the 1960s musical genius turned recluse who once described himself as having "devils that fight inside me."

Fifty news organizations applied for seats in the Los Angeles courtroom for the biggest celebrity trial since pop star Michael Jackson's 2005 acquittal on child molestation charges. Proceedings start Monday with jury selection involving 300 potential jurors and questionnaires to assess how much media coverage of the case they have absorbed.

Spector, 67, is best known for his innovative "Wall of Sound" recording technique and work with The Ronettes, The Righteous Brothers, The Beatles, Tina Turner and Cher.

Spector, who is free on $1 million bail, denies the charges that he killed actress Lana Clarkson in February 2003. He told Esquire magazine in an interview shortly after his arrest that Clarkson "kissed the gun" in a bizarre suicide for reasons he did not understand.

The trial could last three months.
Lee

Post by Lee »

I wonder if the defense is going to try to build a "wall of sound."
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
WVSportsDude

Post by WVSportsDude »

Another celebrity trial out of L.A. The tabs and cable outlets will go overboard again.

Maybe he can hire O.J. to find the real killer.
Jet Black

Post by Jet Black »

I hear that they are seating a jury now, to be replaced when the trial begins by the Wrecking Crew.
God Bless Us, Every One.