Attention Pro Wrestling fans...

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Attention Pro Wrestling fans...

Post by The People's DJ »

The following is an article from SI.com:

SI.com: What's the latest? Do investigators believe any of Wilbirt's "patients" were athletes?

Llosa/Wertheim: Yes. We'd already seen his name come up in conjunction with Kurt Angle, a 1996 Olympic gold-medal-winning freestyle wrestler and now a star professional wrestler who allegedly received two prescriptions for trenbolone and one for nandrolone between October 2004 and February '05. It turns out Angle isn't the only pro wrestler alleged to have received prescriptions from Wilbirt. According to the official documents we reviewed, Wilbirt was billed for HCG and the steroid stanozolol that were sent to WWE star Eddie Guerrero in early 2005. (Guerrero died on Nov. 13, 2005, in a Minneapolis hotel room due to what a coroner later ruled as heart disease, complicated by an enlarged heart resulting from a history of anabolic steroid use.) Wilbirt also allegedly issued prescriptions for the steroids nandrolone and stanozolol to Oscar Gutierrez, whose stage name is Rey Mysterio. (Through the WWE, Gutierrez declined comment.)

When reached at his home Wilbirt spoke with us briefly, asserting, "I'm not even practicing medicine now, so... I don't remember doing half the stuff you're talking about." (The Arizona Medical Board confirms that his license is currently suspended.) Asked specifically about the professional wrestlers, Wilbirt remarked: "I'll tell you one thing and then this conversation is going to end. They had done blood work and had laboratory work done and they had come to see me." Wilbirt obviously remains a "person of interest" for the investigators.

In total, there were 11 professional wrestlers listed in the documents that we saw. Some of these wrestlers are working as independents; some are out of the business entirely; others are first-tier stars. Consider Randy Orton, who allegedly received eight prescriptions for six different drugs -- stanozolol, nandrolone, anastrozole, Clomiphene citrate, oxandrolone and testosterone -- between March 2004 and August 2004. (Through the WWE, Orton declined comment.) Interestingly, according to the documents, Orton's prescriptions came from the same two doctors whose names appeared on the prescriptions in major league outfielder Gary Matthews Jr.'s file.

SI.com: Most of the athletes named in your previous stories were allegedly receiving human growth hormone. It sounds as though the professional wrestlers were allegedly mostly receiving steroids.

Llosa/Wertheim: Right. At some level this stands to reason: The skill-set required for pro wrestling is obviously different from that of most other competitive sports. According to the documents two prominent wrestlers, Adam Copeland, a.k.a. Edge, and Shane Helms, a.k.a. The Hurricane, received HGH. (Through the WWE, Copeland and Helms didn't respond to a request for comment.) But virtually all the others allegedly received a wide variety of anabolic steroids. In each case these were supplied by Applied, the Mobile, Ala., compounding pharmacy that was raided last fall.

SI.com: Does the WWE have a drug policy?

Llosa/Wertheim: Gary Davis, a WWE spokesman, pointed us to a Talent Wellness Program instituted in February 2006. As to whether anabolic steroids and HGH are banned, Davis sent us an email quoting the policy: "The WWE policy prohibits the use of performance-enhancing drugs, as well as other prescription drugs which can be abused, if taken for other than a legitimate medical purpose pursuant to a valid prescription from a licensed and treating physician. For purposes of WWE's policy, prescriptions obtained over the Internet and/or from suppliers of prescription drugs from the Internet are not considered to have been given for a legitimate medical purpose. Citing privacy issues, Davis declined to say whether WWE wrestlers have tested positive for banned substances since the policy was implemented.

Like its a big surprise.
Arp2

Re: Attention Pro Wrestling fans...

Post by Arp2 »

The People's DJ wrote:Like its a big surprise.
Although I don't remember the exact quote, I'll repeat something Edge's ex-wife said about him that applies to all the guys mentioned -- Edge, Orton, Eddie, Rey, and Shane :

"Of course he uses that stuff! Without it, he's just some skinny guy!"

All of those guys lean strongly to the body type "ectomorph," and, yet, they're heavily-muscled as if they had some equal blend of "mesomorph." Despite what our "lying eyes" see, their body geometries just don't support that idea -- even with a whole lot of muscle, they still look skinny, narrow, and vertical.

By the way, I wouldn't mind having a prescription for testosterone. I have no idea if I need it, but I wouldn't mind having it available and/or around, anyway. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Arp2 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

That's what I liked about old school rasslin'. Dusty Rhodes obviously was not on the juice. Burgers and fries, maybe, but not the juice.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote:That's what I liked about old school rasslin'. Dusty Rhodes obviously was not on the juice. Burgers and fries, maybe, but not the juice.
Dusty Rhodes was THE MAN!!!! those are the last days i ever enjoyed watching rasslin'.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Lee

Post by Lee »

OK, you'd have to be a complete retard if you don't think some wrestlers use this stuff.

Look at Chris Masters for instance. Or Batista. Sure, they all have to train hard, but to get a build like, Lex Luger (back in the day) you'd have to be on something.

I don't think ALL wrestlers use it, but some do...

I mean really, who cares? No matter what happens, just like "illegal" downloading, it's always going to be around in some form.
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I'm no doctor (but I play one on the radio). That's why you see so many injuries in wrestling today. These poor guys muscles are stretched to the limit by the use of steroids. You think someone like Harley Race or Terry Funk had as many injuries as a HHH or Goldberg? Of course not. There is too much juice and not enough pizza and beer in the biz today. Lucky for us pizza and beer is alive and well in radio. I'm proud to announce I am 100% steroid free.
AARON SCOTT

Post by AARON SCOTT »

I guess next you will tell me that its not real!!!!
Rock and Roll Express was the shit
kriss kross will make ya jump, jump
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

AARON SCOTT wrote:I guess next you will tell me that its not real!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

The People's DJ wrote:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attn. all gun shop owners... please make sure this man never is allowed to buy a gun. it's quite possible this man, is a touch unstable....
AARON SCOTT

Post by AARON SCOTT »

You can hear that one guy tell him to calm down!!! That is freaking great!!!
What a good interview for a show if you could get him worked up and crying!!
kriss kross will make ya jump, jump
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

That's freakin' funny.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Hey, that's my fan base you're talking about!
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

Zak Tyler wrote:Dusty Rhodes was THE MAN!!!! those are the last days i ever enjoyed watching rasslin'.

And let us not forget the immortal Gordon Sulley, Dean of America's Wrestling Commentators!

Fondest rasslin' memory: Around '77, watching WTBS with my kid brother, one guy jumping repeatedly on the other guy as Gordon drolly observes, "He's now working on the cardiovascular system..."
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Not to be a smart ass but it was actually Gordon Solie.

I remember when Entertainment Tonight did a feature on Georgia Championship/World Championship Wrestling back in '82. It as the first time wrestling had ever received that kind of national publicity. They called him "the Walter Cronkite" of Pro Wrestling."
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Zak Tyler wrote:
The People's DJ wrote:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attn. all gun shop owners... please make sure this man never is allowed to buy a gun. it's quite possible this man, is a touch unstable....
Hey, this is related to wrestling....it might be a work!

:D

:?

Actually,.....

Actually, I'm afraid it's not.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Arp2 wrote: Hey, this is related to wrestling....it might be a work!

:D

:?

Actually,.....

Actually, I'm afraid it's not.
Zak Tyler wrote:ok, ya lost me, but that isn't hard to do
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Huh?
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Zak failed to us contextual clues to understand what you were saying.

Arp, as a wrestling afficianado, failed to write to the level of his audience.

"A work", if I interpret correctly, is a setup. Kind of like Latka and that dude getting into it during an interview. A total fake established for the purpose of promotion, or to build the story.

Sadly, I don't think it was a "work" either. Just a deranged wrasslin' fan.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Lester wrote:Kind of like Latka and that dude getting into it during an interview. A total fake established for the purpose of promotion, or to build the story.
That "dude" was Jerry Lawler.

Arp isn't the only wrestling afficianado here. :P
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Lester wrote:Zak failed to us contextual clues to understand what you were saying.

Arp, as a wrestling afficianado, failed to write to the level of his audience.

"A work", if I interpret correctly, is a setup. Kind of like Latka and that dude getting into it during an interview. A total fake established for the purpose of promotion, or to build the story.

Sadly, I don't think it was a "work" either. Just a deranged wrasslin' fan.
oh, ok... i left my Arp to dumbass dictionary in my van. mahbad! if that was an act, that was a GREAT act!!! that was funny as hell!!!