Did You Get The "Missing DJ" Email??

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Big Dawg

Did You Get The "Missing DJ" Email??

Post by Big Dawg »

I got this in my email this morning and thought that it would be a good thing to post this:

Good Day,

I am a volunteer for Radio Waves for Jason, which is a grassroots effort to contact every radio station in the United States on behalf of the family of Jason Jolkowski.

Jason was 19 years old when he disappeared without a trace from the driveway of his family home in Omaha, NE on June 13th, 2001. It does not appear that he left on his own, as he never used his cell phone or accessed his bank account after he disappeared. He took no possessions, and could have taken a fair sum of money from his account, and used his car to leave, but he did not. There is also no evidence that he was taken or met with foul play. There is simply a lack of leads or clues, and more than 5 years later, the family still hopes and prays that they will be reunited with Jason.

This young man had a strong relationship with his family, and aside of family and church, his love in life was his D.J. internship with the Iowa Western Community College radio station, The River, KIWR. At The River, Jason (known as J.J. on air) came to love the radio industry and had a fan base among the local youth. His family feels that if he is alive, he may have found his way back to working in this field. Even with the passage of time, they are not willing to give up in the search for Jason. The family hopes this campaign will make “wavesâ€
"Shut your festering gob"-J. Stallings