LOVE stirring the $#!T pot...

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I liken it to this kind of crap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWtaX9-Edlk

Just punk-ass kids, being punk-ass kids. You just want to punch them in the mouth sometimes. :twisted:
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:Soooo ... they should have left him in the burning car?

:?
No, why?

Surely, you got that.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

No. I don't understand what point you're trying to make here ...

Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

The same point you're making.

Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Christ.
304live

Post by 304live »

what do a couple of hero cops have to do with a douchebag one?

why is everything a race issue with you when it comes to the cops Arp?
Brad Allen

Post by Brad Allen »

Just this morning, I saw video of two screaming, white, Arkansas police officers forcibly dragging a black man out of his car through the window, letting him fall hard to the ground as they did!

Sure, the man was already injured from a wreck, his car was rapidly becoming engulfed in flames, the cops got burned, and they're being called heroes, but, nevertheless, the video doesn't lie...!
9. Then, the "oh yeah, me too" crowd comes out of the woodwork.
PLEASE let me know when it's time to start whining. I hate it when I miss a good opportunity.

what do a couple of hero cops have to do with a douchebag one?

why is everything a race issue with you when it comes to the cops Arp?
You're kidding... right?
In His service,
Brad Allen
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

304live wrote:why is everything a race issue with you when it comes to the cops Arp?
8O

Man....bizarro world.... :?

I can honestly say I've never given any consideration to a police officer's race...in my mind, if I hear/think "police," I see only uniforms and flashing lights, a college kid I know who's majoring in criminal justice, and, occasionally, tv characters. I'm really confused.

Now that I think about it, I can't think of anything that's a race issue with me.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

304live wrote: why is everything a race issue with you when it comes to the cops Arp?
Well let see...lets rewind time shall we.
Zak Tyler wrote: since you brought it up... "what if" it had been a black skateboarder and a white male cop?
Which HD correctly replied....(but misspelled "retribution" that I fix in this post)
Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Zak Tyler wrote:since you brought it up... "what if" it had been a black skateboarder and a white male cop?
From the worn-out playbook ...

1. Ah-ha! Film at 11!! We always KNEW cops were Angry White racist bigots!
2. And taking out their pent-up frustrations on helpless, innocent Boyz in 'da Hood.
3. We need to call for the cop's severed head on a fencepost.
4. And then fire him.
5. And then sue him and the department.
6. And initiate a civil rights investigation into the whole department.
7. And get Jesse Jackson involved.
8. Lots of media attention.
9. Then, the "oh yeah, me too" crowd comes out of the woodwork.
10. More complaints filed, most as thinly veiled acts of retribution for previous arrests.
11. Now the police chief resigns.
12. The new Top Cop must be from an ethnic minority background. Looks good, you know.
13. Urban leaders claim victory.
14. Wait six months to two years and repeat.

:roll:
To which Arp gave an example....
Arp2 wrote: Just this morning, I saw video of two screaming, white, Arkansas police officers forcibly dragging a black man out of his car through the window, letting him fall hard to the ground as they did!

Sure, the man was already injured from a wreck, his car was rapidly becoming engulfed in flames, the cops got burned, and they're being called heroes, but, nevertheless, the video doesn't lie...!
Which if the black man in the car wanted to (and lord knows there are lawyers out that that would) he could sue the Arkansas police. Then HD post happens.

Its called a double standard. Like one black man calling another black man a nigger...yet not being called a racist. Yet if I, a white male, calls a black man a nigger, I'm a racist.

And if anyone throwing race around...its you. All one has to do is go back into the O.J. Mayo threads to see that.

Calling it like I see.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Not as bad as calling someone a "Harts-creeker".
304live

Post by 304live »

i never play the race card.... i play the "a shit load of cops are jackasses" card...... that doesnt require race as is shown by this incident....

one question for the police apologists on here....

how many of you have been cuffed for "your safety"?
OldSkool

Post by OldSkool »

304live wrote:how many of you have been cuffed for "your safety"?
What does my love life have to do with this????
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~Henry David Thoreau
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

304live wrote:how many of you have been cuffed for "your safety"?
Never. I don't place myself in situations or locations where law enforcement officers are as thick as maple syrup, and every human action in the area is potential criminal activity. When I have an occasion to talk to or be questioned by a police officer, I respect his/her dangerous job and go out of my way to treat them with respect and to show them I am not a threat or danger, as I did several months ago when I was stopped for speeding.

I've never known a cop to walk up to someone on the street and handcuff them for no reason at all. That's just absurd, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself for implying that happens. Tell us more. What situation were you in when you were "handcuffed for your safety?" Who was with you, and where were you? What time of day? Was anyone with you arrested? If so, what were the charges?

It sounds like this wasn't your first rodeo, Cowboy.

8)
304live

Post by 304live »

10 pm ish

less than 5 blocks from my house .... picking up a friend of mine from his house.... cops circled the block as i was waiting in front of his house.... pulled up behind me as he walked out of his house and got into my car

nobody was arrested.... no tickets were given.... do drugs found... nobody was drunk..... no weapons.....

drug dog was called and put into my car.....

they looked through my call log in my phone.....

i was with 1 person obviously....... he was cuffed also ....

they emptied my trunk in the street..... didnt put the stuff back

i was told that i was in a high crime area..... when in reality i was several blocks from the high crime area....

while being searched pre-hand cuffs my jacket was taken off me and laid in the mud..... was made to set in the mud.... i was less than 15 degrees outside ..... whole thing took about 30 minutes.... my teeth were chattering at the end of the event......

around 6-8 cop cars were on the scene at the end including a county sherrif who ended up being the only cop who would lay my jacket over my shoulders ..... he said "you look cold"

the only thing i did other than answer the questions that they asked me that i said was........"why are you hand cuffing me?"

the answer was

for your protection

that was all he needed to tell me......
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Jay Nunley wrote:I tend to feel bad for skate rat kids. Most of the time they have no place to do their thing legally and everybody hates them because they are such a nuisance.
Agreed. I used to skate some back in the day, and it's hard to do anything on a board without pissing off somebody, even if you don't mean to. Never mind the tricks--just the wheel noise alone is enough to irritate people...

As with other sub-cultures, it's always the very few assholes who make them all look bad.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

The People's DJ wrote:Which if the black man in the car wanted to (and lord knows there are lawyers out that that would) he could sue the Arkansas police.
No, no....the cops seriously were being heroes, rescuing a man from his wrecked and burning car. I had just seen the dash video, decided to "see" it from the point of view of a race-card-player, and told the story from that context as what I thought was an obvious joke.

There was no "incident"...just a real, live rescue.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

I get it now, Arp.

8)
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Ok, good. Let's go to bed.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

So are we agreed,

ALL SKATERS MUST DIE!!!
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

304live wrote:10 pm ish

less than 5 blocks from my house .... picking up a friend of mine from his house.... cops circled the block as i was waiting in front of his house.... pulled up behind me as he walked out of his house and got into my car

nobody was arrested.... no tickets were given.... do drugs found... nobody was drunk..... no weapons.....

drug dog was called and put into my car.....

they looked through my call log in my phone.....

i was with 1 person obviously....... he was cuffed also ....

they emptied my trunk in the street..... didnt put the stuff back

i was told that i was in a high crime area..... when in reality i was several blocks from the high crime area....

while being searched pre-hand cuffs my jacket was taken off me and laid in the mud..... was made to set in the mud.... i was less than 15 degrees outside ..... whole thing took about 30 minutes.... my teeth were chattering at the end of the event......

around 6-8 cop cars were on the scene at the end including a county sherrif who ended up being the only cop who would lay my jacket over my shoulders ..... he said "you look cold"

the only thing i did other than answer the questions that they asked me that i said was........"why are you hand cuffing me?"

the answer was

for your protection

that was all he needed to tell me......
Dude, do you know what your rights are?

In most jurisdictions, police have zero right to look into your car without your permission. They certainly have zero right to go through your cel phone records without a warrant. You also have the right to be fully told why you are being pulled over and questioned before surrendering ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION (i.e dl & registration).

No offense bro, but if you get treated like a bitch by the cops, and there's no basis for it, it's partially your own fault.

You have rights, and the more you know about them at the time the questioning begins, and the more that the Cops know that you know them, the easier your moments with them will be.

Cops KNOW you don't know your rights, therefore they know they can cleanly violate them without anything of consequence happening to you.

http://www.flexyourrights.org/

Go learn some things.