Truly, a sad day... :(

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Truly, a sad day... :(

Post by Zak Tyler »

I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

The amazing thing about those Larry 'Bud" Melman bits on Lettermen in the 80's is at the time Calvin DeForest was only in his 60's.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
amayo

Post by amayo »

I once went to a Halloween party dressed as a giant piece of , "Mr. Larry's Toast On A Stick"
I still remember when he welcomed people to NYC by giving out hot towels.
:lol:
jag

Post by jag »

I always found Letterman's rather conceptual approach to comedy more to my taste than the more topical approach taken by other talk-show hosts/comedians. The Larry "Bud" Melman character was the apotheosis of that. The hot towel bit Al spoke of...his dyslexic malapropisms...the time Dave dressed him up as a teddy bear and sent him through 30 Rockefeller Centre as a greeter...his demonic laugh...all strangely hilarious memories. And he, himself, seemed blissfully unaware how funny not only his character was, but, again, how funny the concept of his character was.

Can you imagine anybody save Calvert bringing life to the Larry "Bud" Melman character? I can't!