Does he have Geico?

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

David Paleg

Does he have Geico?

Post by David Paleg »

Comedian Eddie Griffin Wrecks $1.5M Car
Mar 27, 9:54 AM (ET)

IRWINDALE, Calif. (AP) - Eddie Griffin crashed a rare Ferrari Enzo worth $1.5 million into a concrete barrier while practicing at a racetrack, destroying the car but escaping uninjured.

The 38-year-old actor-comedian was practicing Monday for a charity race to promote his upcoming film, "Redline," when he drove too fast around a curve at the Irwindale Speedway. Video footage shows the red sports car screeching before it ricocheted off the barrier with heavy damage to its front.

"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the Brother can't drive," said Griffin, referring to his 2002 movie, after the accident.

The film's publicist, Wendy Zocks, said Griffin was "doing OK."

"He walked away completely unscratched, but probably a little shaken," Zocks said.

The Enzo is owned by "Redline" executive producer Daniel Sadek, whose exotic car collection is featured in the movie.

Sadek said the Enzo was damaged beyond repair.

"I'm glad Eddie came out of the crash OK, but my dream car got destroyed," Sadek said. "I went to my trailer for about 15 minutes and I thought,'There's people dying every day. A lot of worse things are happening in the world.'"

Only 400 Ferrari Enzos were produced, all between 2002 and 2004.

Griffin's film credits also include "Norbit,""Undercover Brother,""Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo" and its sequel, and "Date Movie."
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Re: Does he have Geico?

Post by Zak Tyler »

David Paleg wrote:
Sadek said the Enzo was damaged beyond repair.
can we please have a moment of silence.........................................

thank you....

[/and we're back]
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Ouch...
jag

Post by jag »

He probably didn't have Geico. He was likely upset that Don LaFontaine didn't do any voice work for him. 8)
Oldiesdude

Post by Oldiesdude »

The 38-year-old actor-comedian was practicing Monday for a charity race to promote his upcoming film, "Redline,"
I hear they have renamed the movie, "RedSplotch"
I'm just happy to know the Dougger!