American Idol 3/27

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Arp2

American Idol 3/27

Post by Arp2 »

Gosh....who knew Gwen Stefani is so absolutely, adorably, stunningly, delicately gorgeous?!!? Have I been too out-of-touch or something?

Wow! Girl,.....lose the cartoonish makeup! Just blow us away with your beauty! Wow...my mind has been seriously blown!

LaKisha -- too much intentionally-inserted vibrato for me to be worthy of as much praise as they gave her. Actually, she's starting to bore me. Seriously. She's boring. Great singing, no "starring."

Chris Sligh -- remember last season when I thought I noticed a pattern of the contestant I thought they wanted out getting a bad mix that week? Well, Chris Sligh got a bad mix this week. One might recall he did a Christian song several weeks ago (the Brits on the show, in particular, spaz out whenever that happens) and gave a shout-out to the "Vote For The Worst" guy last week. His performance wasn't perfect by any means, but, once again, that bad mix seems awfully intentional...they want him gone.

Gina -- excellent song choice and her strongest performance to date...No Doubt! (Yes, I meant that.) Solid, solid, solid.

Sanjaya -- dang it, why'd he have to go and do a fairly decent job??! Well, for him. Not totally sucky. Am I the only one who noticed he got lost once?

Haley -- Eh...nothing remarkable...wait..that ending wasn't very good.

Phil -- yeah, that was pretty good! Not perfect....a little reserved...but pretty good!

Melinda -- gosh, I am soooo in love with Melinda and she absolutely kicked all form of tail, but the deepness of her voice maes it hard for her to seem/sound youthful. Did I mention I'm really, really in love with Melinda? I just love her...

Blake -- not bad...the glances and looks were great....overall, maybe a little too hip for the room? Hey, that's kinda what Simon is saying, too.

Jordan -- dang, she pulled that off! Like Phil's, it wasn't perfect, but.....

Chris Richardson -- nice verse execution, poor chorus execution...didn't feel the finish enough.

Best -- other than Melinda, I dunno....maybe Gina! She was certainly the big surprise.

Worst -- either Sligh or Sanjaya....

Should Go -- Sanjaya

Will Go -- Sligh....Richardson or Haley wouldn't surprise me, either.
Greg Goodfellow

American Idol 3/27

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Gitchur Freak On!

Oh, wait...the freak WAS on. What's Sanjaya going to do next time to make sure he stays in the hunt?

I agree about Chris Sligh...he may have hit the end of the line.

I STILL wonder how much power the producers have to make sure their favorites make it.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Lee

Post by Lee »

The reaction Ryan Seacrest to Sanjaya's hair was a bit too staged...

I hate Sanjaya...I really do...<b>I HOPE HE WINS</b>

Serves us right.

Gina is a total hottie.

Melinda will win it all if there's any justice.
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Still haven't watched it.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Almost 30 million viewers, some of them your audience.

Millions upon millions of records sold by winners (and near misses), some of them to your audience.

I wouldn't watch either.

:roll:
Big Media

Re: American Idol 3/27

Post by Big Media »

Arp2 wrote:Gosh....who knew Gwen Stefani is so absolutely, adorably, stunningly, delicately gorgeous?!!? .....lose the cartoonish makeup!
You ain't kiddin'. She is much hotter when she looks normal. Have you noticed that she is one of those girls who try to talk through their teeth. Grates on my nerves. :x

Further, what was her point? I wonder if any contestant on last night's show could honestly say they were helped by Gwen. Seriously?

Disclaimer: I will likely end up eating most of these words. Here they are nonetheless:

Copying Arp's format for simplicity.

LaKisha Good singer. Shitty performer. She has no prayer of winning.

Chris Sligh
Arp2 wrote:His performance wasn't perfect by any means, but, once again, that bad mix seems awfully intentional...they want him gone.
You can't help but to like the guy but I agree with Arp. His days are numbered and the AI team are steering the audience to that end.

Gina I am so in love. :oops: She is sooo hot and a damn good singer. She is very popular and I see her in the finals if she continues to pick the right songs.

Sanjaya Didn't see it. Fast forward. :twisted:

Haley I like Haley but like Arp said, nothing remarkable. Although she reminds me a great deal of Mandy Moore (very hot without the slut appeal) and I think she could be successful.

Phil His best performance yet. Still, I am not a fan of this guy.

Melinda Melinda is great but I do not see her winning. Her appeal isn't that broad and I believe the AI team will begin steering us toward Blake and Gina (or Jordan) very soon. They've already started with Blake.

Blake Arp may be onto something with the "too hip for the room" thing but I believe he will be in the finals with Gina.

Jordan I was surprised by the judges comments here and even more surprised by Judge Arp's. I though this was her worst performance so far and she wasn't well dressed. However, she is good and will finish in the top 4.

Chris Richardson Two words. Elliott Yamine (sp?)

My picks for the top 5:

Gina/Blake - Finals
Melinda
Jordan
LaKisha
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

fanofbigmedia wrote:
Arp2 wrote:Gosh....who knew Gwen Stefani is so absolutely, adorably, stunningly, delicately gorgeous?!!? .....lose the cartoonish makeup!
You ain't kiddin'. She is much hotter when she looks normal. Have you noticed that she is one of those girls who try to talk through their teeth. Grates on my nerves. :x
I don't know what that means, but I know I didn't have any complaints! :D
Further, what was her point? I wonder if any contestant on last night's show could honestly say they were helped by Gwen. Seriously?

They presented it as being a help to their showmanship, but I believe the real purpose was to try to position the show as being more contemporary and younger than one might eventually think it after week after week of old farts being the "coaches" and themes. Diana Ross two weeks ago, Peter and Lulu last week, Tony Bennett next week.....old farts, all.
LaKisha Good singer. Shitty performer. She has no prayer of winning.
I think I've figured it out -- she just isn't smart enough. There's no "there" there, and she doesn't "connect." If it weren't goin' on all around her, it wouldn't be goin' on.
Melinda Melinda is great but I do not see her winning. Her appeal isn't that broad.....

DialIdol.com has had her the far-and-away biggest vote-getter every week. Like the Olympics (and everything, really), the actual performance isn't the only appeal...it's the story! Melinda, the talent, is excellent; Melinda, the story, is awesome; and Melinda, the person, is extraordinary and endearing beyond belief.
Jordan I was surprised by the judges comments here and even more surprised by Judge Arp's.

I didn't say she did it great....I said she pulled it off. Doing something as out-of-the-ordinary as a Gwen Stefani song isn't easy, and Jordin -- I seem to have misspelled her name! -- didn't suck or blow it....she "pulled it off."

DialIdol has Jordin, Haley, and Chris Sligh definitively in the bottom three. Their accuracy hasn't been good this year, so we'll see if their "fifteen minutes" are up tonight.
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Arp2 wrote:Gosh....who knew Gwen Stefani is so absolutely, adorably, stunningly, delicately gorgeous?!!? Have I been too out-of-touch or something?

Wow! Girl,.....lose the cartoonish makeup! Just blow us away with your beauty! Wow...my mind has been seriously blown!
I thought she looked good too, but I couldn't get out of my head what a friend of mine who interviewed her once told me. Apparently up close, "she has a moustache like a Mexican revolutionary". 8O
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Her husband was/is the lead singer of a band called "Bush."

Think about THAT!
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

SPIKE NESMITH! wrote:...."she has a moustache like a Mexican revolutionary". 8O
:lol: That's funny, right there...! :lol:

That's walkin'-down-the-hall-a-couple-minutes-later-and-starting-to-laugh-again funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

It's the mental image.

Image you and meeee.... we used to be together....
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Arp2 wrote:
fanofbigmedia wrote:Have you noticed that she is one of those girls who try to talk through their teeth. Grates on my nerves. :x
I don't know what that means, but I know I didn't have any complaints! :D
You know... Grit your teeth and then try to talk keeping your teeth clamped together.

Play back a few clips on the old Tivo and you'll get what I am saying.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I FOLLOW the show enough to know what's going on so I can talk about it on the air but I'm saying that as a private citizen of the real, non-radio world you couldn't PAY me to watch this shit. But that's just me.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Ooookay,......

I'm going to go ahead and convert my "if they want you gone, you intentionally get a bad mix, and, if you get a bad mix, they want you gone" hypothesis over to "theory."

:?
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I'm with you, Arp. Sligh got slighted. :?
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Arp, I just noticed your avatar.

You wear a tie when you're on the air? Jeez.

What's up with the suspenders? What are you? Larry King?

I figure Burger King paid you well enough for those commercials and video games that you wouldn't need to do air work anymore.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

I stole it.

And a bunch of others that may show up at some point as events or circumstances present opportunities. :)

Does this body make my head look too small...?
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

All I know is I CRINGED when I heard that kid sing
The Cure song.....blasphemy......
OldSkool

Post by OldSkool »

Arp, may I flip your suspenders? LOL!
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~Henry David Thoreau
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Well, obviously, somebody's Photoshopped Larry King, but let me go ahead and say this, anyway:

1. I've never worn suspenders in my life.
2. I would never wear a tie that mediocre, thank you very much. 8) I'm not fond of the shirt, either.

However, if Larry's being dressed in these things, I imagine they're better than I think they are; but they're certainly not my style.