American Idol -- 4/3

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Arp2

American Idol -- 4/3

Post by Arp2 »

Blake -- I'm not going to be quite as positive as the judges were; yes, it was good, but the "right" "feel" was missing...imo. Too sleepy-looking. Simon was right -- the band was driving.

Phil -- decent when singing, weak when getting closer to speaking; Randy hit it...it lacked "connection" and feeling. But wait a sec...it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the judges are making it out to be. And did I detect the "intentional bad mix" tonight...and right at the point where he was the weakest? Uh oh....and the end-of-show replay highlighted his bad points! I believe Phil's the producers' choice to go this week....

Melinda -- (huh...an RE20 on the saxamaphone!) hmmmm....finished strong, but I think I would have liked a little more of that "strong" all the way through...yes, she showed versatility and story-telling, but I would have liked another half a notch all the way through. I just totally, completely love Melinda, though...can't help but smile really big and get close to tears every time I watch her!

Chris -- another sleepy-looking guy. As a matter of fact, don't he and Blake look almost identical??! Same complaint I had with Blake -- not enough "feel" and energy. Wow...I'm not understanding how positive the judges are being....what's wrong with me?

Jordin -- her choreography and facial expressions didn't quite match the song. I had to say that because I couldn't find anything negative to say! Quickly becoming one who could sneak right up there to the final night!

Gina -- I'm finding I'm liking her more than I'm wanting to. Ah...lost breath control briefly. Can't agree with Simon this time...the other two didn't totally blow her away.

Sanjaya -- Dang it, he didn't completely suck! A little weak/flat at points, but it's not like he really blew it or anything.

Haley -- I like Haley, but I don't think she interpreted the song right. A couple of moments...well, a few times, we learned that her voice isn't exactly perfectly controllable over the full range.

LaKisha -- Hmmm....another one where the band really seemed to be driving. She was good....whoa! Wardrobe malfunction! Wardrobe malfunction! Oh, wait...no, but it seemed like it might be close, didn't it?

Best: Melinda

Worst: Sanjaya

Should Go: Sanjaya

Will Go: Phil, even though he doesn't deserve it; but I wouldn't be at all surprised by Sanjaya, Haley, even LaKisha...heck, anyone but Melinda.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Still haven't watched it.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Good.....last night was a little too on the "boring" side for it to have been a good introduction.
Arp2

Re: American Idol -- 4/3

Post by Arp2 »

Arp2 wrote:Will Go: ...I wouldn't be at all surprised by Sanjaya, Haley, even LaKisha...heck, anyone but Melinda.
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but "DialIdol" has Melinda on top again, Haley and LaKisha the bottom two, and all of the others within the margin of error and at risk of elimination..... 8)
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I watched the judges' comments but not the performances (except for a select few). That whole era of music needs to be permanently purged.

I can see now that I am going to be fighting Arp all season on Melinda. I just don't see her winning or even in the finals. Still, I said the same thing about Fantasiashit. Who knows.

My prediction, Lakisha will go. Sonjayayahgyehghauiewrpoiiouanzxcnvjahasklk will stay.

I am still saying Blake and either Jordan or Gina in the final.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

It was the tongue thing.

I'm serious.

I'm glad the "intentional bad mix" failed....we'll see if they try it again next week and on whom.....
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

Sanjaya survives another week!
On Twitter: @LouPickney
ccolarado

Post by ccolarado »

Oh! how I wish I had the voice that Howard Stern and votefortheworst.com have. My wife and I both said last night that Sanjaya,especially last night, should have gotten his rimey butt out of his seat and said "I don't want to rob anyone else at a chance for a successful career, I quit." that would be the noble thing to do. Then we remembered that this is tv and that this is not really a true "contest". I am beginning tho lean to the side of those that say the whole thing is rigged and that they already have the winner picked. That may also make me somewhat of a conspiracy theorist, but I still believe we landed on the moon. :P
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Melinda gets voted off....
the track its taking now...I think the show is rigged and
has "jumped the shark".....
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

ccolarado wrote: I still believe we landed on the moon. :P
The moon landnig was a fake! They filmed it on Mars.
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I'm done with that shit. Enough is enough. :x
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Ok, um.....

8O

Ok,.......on American Idol Extra on Fox Reality, exiting Gina was being interviewed, and video of other contestants talking about/to her was played. LaKisha called her "crazy girl, oh my god" and then addressed her as "Oreo," causing Gina to explode in a giant, embarassed smile followed by laughter with her face looking down.

The host asked, "What is...is there a story behind that? And is it something you can say on-air?"

Gina laughed, tapped her temple, and said, "Think about it...just think about it."

Host: "I think about it...yeah, I know...I get that. Don't have to go too far...."

Gina: "She's my roommate. We...(sheepishly looks down and laughs again) we got to know each other very well, so......"

Host: "Yeah."

8O

So, um.....
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

do we need to send Bob Loblaw to his room so he doesn't hear this convo???

i'd hate to have him hurl on his computer again.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.