Imus not just down, he's out at MSNBC

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Brad Allen

Imus not just down, he's out at MSNBC

Post by Brad Allen »

MSNBC dumps Imus;
CBS Radio still pondering
Rather that just suspending the "Imus In the Morning" program for two weeks as previously planned, MSNBC has cancelled the show completely. This statement was issued yesterday by NBC News: "Effective immediately, MSNBC will no longer simulcast the 'Imus in the Morning' radio program. This decision comes as a result of an ongoing review process, which initially included the announcement of a suspension. It also takes into account many conversations with our own employees. What matters to us most is that the men and women of NBC Universal have confidence in the values we have set for this company. This is the only decision that makes that possible. Once again, we apologize to the women of the Rutgers basketball team and to our viewers. We deeply regret the pain this incident has caused." Meanwhile, CBS Radio, whose WFAN-AM New York originates the program, is still weighing its options. It issued its own statement last night, adding that te two-week suspension beginning next Monday will be without pay for Imus. "Don Imus has been suspended without pay for two weeks beginning on Monday, April 16. During that time, CBS Radio will continue to speak with all concerned parties and monitor the situation closely," CBS Radio said.

RBR observation: PR releases are just releases until you actually see into the eyes of the person who wrote and issued the release. In this case it was Steve Capus, NBC News President , who appeared on MSNBC's Hardball last night for 20 minutes and RBR watched as he explained why he terminated Imus. Capus said it was NOT because of advertisers who were canceling on MSNBC. In fact, Capus stated that he was not fully aware of the dollars involved until recently. RBR says Bull to that statement - as anyone in the media knows the ad dollars do a lot of talking. Plus, you can not tell us at RBR that the President of NBC News did not know the ad dollars to the pennies that were at issue of being lost. Next, Capus admitted what seemed to be the true reason for the firing of Imus - Not being able to take the Heat. Capus said the attention from all media was tremendous. It wasn't just Imus all over the 24/7 news world, but mus/MSNBC/NBC News appearing together in report after report. NBC became the news and management could not take the heat.
I have to agree with most, that Imus made about the most thoughtless, idiotic statement he could have made about the girls, but how much of the after-effects are due to the fact that the news media (especially competing news outlets) won't let it lie?
In His service,
Brad Allen
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

It's totally the media's fault. Everything is.

In My Service.

bob campbell
AARON SCOTT

Post by AARON SCOTT »

If something bothers you on tv- turn it
radio works the same
This is total bs
No more Scottish jokes or I am flipping out
FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS DEAD
kriss kross will make ya jump, jump
genlock

Post by genlock »

Robbie Burns loved sheep.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

RBR observation: PR releases are just releases until you actually see into the eyes of the person who wrote and issued the release. In this case it was Steve Capus, NBC News President....Capus admitted what seemed to be the true reason for the firing of Imus - Not being able to take the Heat. Capus said the attention from all media was tremendous. It wasn't just Imus all over the 24/7 news world, but Imus/MSNBC/NBC News appearing together in report after report. NBC became the news and management could not take the heat.
Good observation. Evidently right after that, Capus appeared on CNBC's On The Money, which I was watching. During this obviously rushed-together appearance which, although going 5-6 minutes, had the vibe of being unwanted,.....well, I'll say the two thoughts that almost immediately came to my mind:

1) This is the biggest east-coast executive wimp weasel pussy I've ever seen in my life. Remember the Seinfeld episodes with the supposed NBC executive who fell in love with Elaine, lost his mind, and ran off and joined Greenpeace? That was a decade-older version of this guy. This guy makes me wonder how realistic Seinfeld and Studio 60 really are....are all these entertainment and media executives really just arrogant punks who somehow maneuvered their way to the top and then spend the rest of their professional lives trying to hide the fact that they're neurotic wimp weasel pussies always on the edge of a huge breakdown?

2) You ever wondered just what kind of job you could have scored had you just applied?

This guy gave the impression that a few employees had come to his office and used their "outside voices" with him, and he just couldn't take it, anymore! Wah! Had he broken down in tears "over the 'pressure,'" I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised. He didn't, but, honestly, he looked close.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

ok, so i had rosanne barr on the phone this morning cause we're giving away trips to vegas, and she's a spokesperson for tahiti village.... anywho, i took the opportunity to bait her. knowing full well, who she is and pretty much where she stands i asked her if she'd started writing don imus jokes yet.... that's all i had to say, 6 1/2 minutes later into the 7 minutes allotted interview time she remembered that she hadn't even brought up tahiti village yet... LOL that was FUN!!!! she hasn't changed a bit. she asked me to look her up and buy her a beer when i come to vegas. so, you think if i "hit that" i could be the next tom arnold? LMAO!
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Arp2 wrote:This guy makes me wonder how realistic Seinfeld and Studio 60 really are....are all these entertainment and media executives really just arrogant punks who somehow maneuvered their way to the top and then spend the rest of their professional lives trying to hide the fact that they're neurotic wimp weasel pussies always on the edge of a huge breakdown?
I can guarantee you that they are ALL like that.
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Arp2 wrote:This is the biggest east-coast executive wimp weasel pussy I've ever seen in my life.
Fuckin' A.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Arp2 wrote: 1) This is the biggest east-coast executive wimp weasel pussy I've ever seen in my life.
I watch him over on PMSNBC. He barely looked at the camera. When he did...he'd look away like he's ashamed. Gawddamn pussy. Nut up.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Arp2 wrote: ... are really just arrogant punks who somehow maneuvered their way to the top and then spend the rest of their professional lives trying to hide the fact that they're neurotic wimp weasel pussies always on the edge of a huge breakdown?
Sounds like my current boss. To a "T".

:roll: :evil:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Zak Tyler wrote:ok, so i had rosanne barr...so, you think if i "hit that" i could be the next tom arnold? LMAO!
No. But you should hit it anyway.

It's all about the story.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Bob Loblaw wrote: It's all about the story.
good point!
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

It's about more than the story. Get some money too. Also, don't act like a little bit of sweet chub is totally objectionable. Think about the Bush twins. The blonde one with a few extra pounds is way hotter.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Jay Nunley wrote:It's about more than the story. Get some money too. Also, don't act like a little bit of sweet chub is totally objectionable. Think about the Bush twins. The blonde one with a few extra pounds is way hotter.
Dude.

You called me out on Marie Osmond?!?!?

8O :? :lol:
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Bob Loblaw wrote:No. But you should hit it anyway.

It's all about the story.
Hell yeah. I almost copped off with Shirley Manson whist she was in Goodbye Mr. MacKenzie...

...three short years later and stories are circulating that she got mad and took a dump in her husband's cornflakes. I'd be proud to tell either or both stories. Redheads, man... :wink:
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Shirley Manson is smokin' hot.

:oops:
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Jay Nunley wrote:It's about more than the story. Get some money too. Also, don't act like a little bit of sweet chub is totally objectionable. Think about the Bush twins. The blonde one with a few extra pounds is way hotter.
Dude.

Yeah, but that wasn't about her carrying poundage. That was about her being Marie Osmond.

Dude.
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:Shirley Manson is smokin' hot.

:oops:
Yeah she is. She looks decidedly average up close (or, at least, did 15 years ago) but there was something in her personality that made her so incredibly hot. The makeover just sealed the deal.

She also has taste in men, sadly.... :cry:
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Jay Nunley wrote:
Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Dude.

Yeah, but that wasn't about her carrying poundage. That was about her being Marie Osmond.

Dude.
Marie Osmond vs. Rosanne Barr? C'mon!

Once you get past those extra large piano keyboard teeth, Marie is definately the better bedwarmer.

Dude.

8)

POST #4444 SAVED FOR NUNLEY THE RADIO GOD & MARIE OSMOND.

Sa-lute!

GO BUCKS
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Jay Nunley wrote:
Hoosier Daddy wrote: Dude.

Dude.
Marie Osmond vs. Rosanne Barr? C'mon!

Once you get past those extra large piano keyboard teeth, Marie is definately the better bedwarmer.

Dude.

8)
Oh, I thought you were comparing her to the blonde Bush twin instead of Roseanne. You're right. Roseanne is probably worse than Marie Osmond, but I was trying to talk Zak into hitting that. Also, Marie Osmond is only slightly better than Roseanne. Yes, Roseanne is physically unappealing and probably a major pain in the ass, but Marie Osmond is downright CREEPY and if you were to get tangled up with her you would probably have to sleep with one eye open and constantly count the inches on your cock to make sure they're all still there.