Just for the hell of it ...

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Hoosier Daddy

Just for the hell of it ...

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Cut and paste to share an e-mail I got this morning ...

[quote]I believe :

-The Constitution should be the ONLY law of the land, anything that's not specifically listed should NOT be law. NO EXCEPTIONS and NO COMPROMISE.

-Personal liberties should be protected at all cost.

-Bureaucrats with bad comb overs don’t belong in people's private lives.

-Social programs suck and I shouldn’t have to support others.

-In the undeniable right to carry a gun and defend one's self and family.

-Main stream pop culture is created by idiots for idiots.

-â€
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
AARON SCOTT

Post by AARON SCOTT »

It would be nice if things could be that way. The sad truth to the whole deal is.... freedom of speech is dead. It has been for sometime. Maybe we should get out of Iraq and preserve our freedoms first. :x
kriss kross will make ya jump, jump
lastone

Post by lastone »

The person(s) that wrote this is either my generation or one generation younger and still believes that this country is saveable. It is not. We were "sold out" long ago. It's all about the money now and even this will soon end. The civil strife that is to come will end the U.S.A. as we know it. If I'm not dead before it starts, I will be shortly thereafter.

There is no hyphen before American. There never was.
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

lastone wrote:
There is no hyphen before American. There never was.

AMEN......
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Funny shit. You can almost see the goose stepping.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I am quite surprised, given the quality of character and depth of thought normally shared on this board, that this piece of tripe would receive any support. I am considered to be conservative. I am not facist. To accept these words is to suggest that only one meaning of the Constitution is the true meaning. It frightens me to think that the person who wrote this is to determin that meaning on my behalf.

To agree with it is to say that all people of a faith or political leaning different from the author's are to be feared, hated and fought.

To subscribe to these beliefs is to say that no one who needs assistance is deserving. No one should, given these words, extend a hand in friendship. No government should step forward to help rebuild. The clan should care for itself and for those who are deemed worthy and should do daily battle with any other clan that should dare to even exist.

Meanwhile, as we look at flooding throught the east and south...even in your own state...we will petition our leaders in Washington to provide Government Assistance. We will want Senatorial action to proved the dollars to rebuild.

I am surprised indeed. The contributors to this board have shown more compassion than this.
You gotta be willing to do the time.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

If you're not with us, you're agin us.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Sandman wrote:I am quite surprised, given the quality of character and depth of thought normally shared on this board, that this piece of tripe would receive any support. I am considered to be conservative. I am not facist. To accept these words is to suggest that only one meaning of the Constitution is the true meaning. It frightens me to think that the person who wrote this is to determin that meaning on my behalf.
Dude, you're taking this guy (or girl?!?) way too seriously. Some "letter" like this shows up almost weekly on the 'net. I thought the author made a number of good points, although I certainly don't agree with all of them. It's getting kind of quiet here (minus the multiple Don Imus threads and the weekly American Idol posts) so this was posted to spark a debate and serve as Show Prep for anyone who might be interested.

Are we cool?

:? 8) :wink:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

I believe :

-The Constitution should be the ONLY law of the land, anything that's not specifically listed should NOT be law. NO EXCEPTIONS and NO COMPROMISE.

-Pedophiles should be killed.
Sorry, can't have both....they're mutually exclusive.
-â€
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Bob Campbell wrote:If you're not with us, you're agin us.
...as Mr Imus has now been so forcefully told.

80-85%? Not good enough...gotta be 100% heading toward '08....
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Sandman wrote:I am quite surprised, given the quality of character and depth of thought normally shared on this board, that this piece of tripe would receive any support. I am considered to be conservative. I am not facist. To accept these words is to suggest that only one meaning of the Constitution is the true meaning. It frightens me to think that the person who wrote this is to determin that meaning on my behalf.

To agree with it is to say that all people of a faith or political leaning different from the author's are to be feared, hated and fought.

To subscribe to these beliefs is to say that no one who needs assistance is deserving. No one should, given these words, extend a hand in friendship. No government should step forward to help rebuild. The clan should care for itself and for those who are deemed worthy and should do daily battle with any other clan that should dare to even exist.

Meanwhile, as we look at flooding throught the east and south...even in your own state...we will petition our leaders in Washington to provide Government Assistance. We will want Senatorial action to proved the dollars to rebuild.

I am surprised indeed. The contributors to this board have shown more compassion than this.
I would like to see a poll asking whether or not the poor/needy/disabled class in this country should be lined up and shot, because they contribute nothing and are a drag on the economy.

I would bet an alarming percentage of people would say yes...

As for this piece, it looks like it was written by a toothless, baccer-chewing redneck who has never been outside of his lilly-white, southern small town where everybody walks, talks, and acts exactly the same.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Sounds like it's getting to be "Final Solution" time. This is the kind of thing that makes you realise why people make fun of West Virginia hillbillies.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

HD, we're cool. I understand the original post. The thoughts expressed though, are most disturbing.
If you're not with us, you're agin us.
I'm not convinced this is it either, Bob. I am afraid this is all about how far the "pendulum has swung"...first one direction and then the other. Each side blaming the other for all the ills of society.

Arp, I see your points quite clearly and many of them are consistent with my own. But the fight must be waged against hate and terror. It is not Islam that is the enemy. It is the terrorist.

I've re-written this response several times. I have chosen to keep it much shorter because I am not interested in developing a reputation here of being a downer. I am not. I am very much the opposite.

As HD said, letters like the original post appear on the internet regularly.

What a shame that they do.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

K-Rock wrote: As for this piece, it looks like it was written by a toothless, baccer-chewing redneck who has never been outside of his lilly-white, southern small town where everybody walks, talks, and acts exactly the same.
What towns are these? If the towns you described are the ones I think you are describing you've got it all wrong about everyone thinking and acting the same. Your prejudice in that direction is stark, man.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Sandman wrote:It is not Islam that is the enemy. It is the terrorist.
Then you're anticipating a longer war than even Bush does. Islam is the enemy. It is the enemy because of the zealots that kill in its name, and the peaceful that sit silently by and do or say nothing.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I had occassion a few weeks ago to be in Charleston on business. Well, not in Charleston but close enough to tune into the stations there. I was driving along with my pet sheep (like I said I was on business) and I happened across Nunley's Big Fat Afternoon show. I could have tuned around but I said to myself (and to Woolite, my sheep) "Why?" I mean what else could any other station offer me that wasn't being provided by Jay? The music was on target, the spots were appropriately non-invasive and the content was just blue enough to satisfy that purient interest we all have in the middle of the afternoon. Well, at least Woolite and I.

Anyway to get to my point...and yes there is a point other than execution of a threadjack...as we were listening to the Big Fat Afternoon show I glanced at Woolite. She had that look in her eyes. The look that is saved for those "special" times. Know what I mean?

I knew I shouldn't have stopped to allow a little old lady to cross the street in her wheelchair. WHen I did, Woolite opened the door and ran down the highway! How she was able to open the door with her dainty little cloven hoof, I don't know. I searched high and low only to have a wino on the corner say that he saw a sheep running toward St Albans.

Nunley...please be gentle with Woolite. Sure, she can be a slut but she's great with a cranberry glaze!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Let me explain that last post if I may. First of all...GREAT show Jay. First time I've caught your act. There is no question that you have a plan and know how to execute it.

Secondly, sorry guys but I cannot and will not accept that a religion, or a skin color, or the slant of the eye is my enemy. On that we will continue to disagree.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Jay Nunley wrote:
K-Rock wrote: As for this piece, it looks like it was written by a toothless, baccer-chewing redneck who has never been outside of his lilly-white, southern small town where everybody walks, talks, and acts exactly the same.
What towns are these? If the towns you described are the ones I think you are describing you've got it all wrong about everyone thinking and acting the same. Your prejudice in that direction is stark, man.
These towns don't exist... That's just the fictitious impression that the piece gave me.

I guess it would've been easier to say that he was an idiot who could be from anywhere...
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Sandman wrote:I had occassion a few weeks ago to be in Charleston on business. Well, not in Charleston but close enough to tune into the stations there. I was driving along with my pet sheep (like I said I was on business) and I happened across Nunley's Big Fat Afternoon show. I could have tuned around but I said to myself (and to Woolite, my sheep) "Why?" I mean what else could any other station offer me that wasn't being provided by Jay? The music was on target, the spots were appropriately non-invasive and the content was just blue enough to satisfy that purient interest we all have in the middle of the afternoon. Well, at least Woolite and I.

Anyway to get to my point...and yes there is a point other than execution of a threadjack...as we were listening to the Big Fat Afternoon show I glanced at Woolite. She had that look in her eyes. The look that is saved for those "special" times. Know what I mean?

I knew I shouldn't have stopped to allow a little old lady to cross the street in her wheelchair. WHen I did, Woolite opened the door and ran down the highway! How she was able to open the door with her dainty little cloven hoof, I don't know. I searched high and low only to have a wino on the corner say that he saw a sheep running toward St Albans.

Nunley...please be gentle with Woolite. Sure, she can be a slut but she's great with a cranberry glaze!

???!!! WHAT? :lol:

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

If Cobain is to die again that means he will have to live again,meaning he will expose us to even more of the shittiest music ever made.

Kurt, please stay dead!

OK, back to the sheep.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!