I ain't that dainty.

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

I told the story on the air a couple of years ago where I had read that America was the last great industrialized nation that "dry wiped". Most other countries wet wiped..or washed. (France of course being famous for the Bidet).

The doctors article that I read quoted him as he said: " If you got shit on your fingers... would you be satisfied wiping it off with a paper towel?" I could see his point. We are a dirty ass nation! Thank God for Body spray!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Jay Nunley wrote:Everything is groovy and you guys worry about shit too much.
I'm not saying everything is perfect or "groovy;" I'm saying that we're not the ones with pollution problems. Giving China and India a pass...well, I imagine it like this:

A couple goes to a doctor. The doctor says, "I'm sorry to have to tell you this, sir, but you have stage three brain cancer which seems to be spreading. Now, there are things we can try, and there's still time to try them, but..."

"What about his toe fungus?" the wife interjects.

The doctor sits in stunned silence.

"That toe fungus of his is pretty gross."

More stunned silence.

"Ma'am, I just said there's a vicious cancer in his brain, and it's starting to race around his body."

"Right, but have you seen his toe fungus?"

"Ma'am, given the condition of the top part of his body, nothing could be more irrelevant at this moment than toe fungus. I really need to reccom...."

"Look, I HATE TOE FUNGUS, AND I WANT YOU TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW! I DEMAND you do something about his toe fungus NOW!"

"Ma'am, please! Sir, I really think....."

"I just do whatever she wants...she won't shut up, otherwise. Forget about the brain cancer...just give me something for the toe fungus."

It's all just that...AB.....SURD.
Last edited by Arp2 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Arp2 wrote:...and someone always falls back on "change the subject" and "attack the attacker."
You mean like correcting grammar and spelling? :lol:

I haven't participated in your 'lil pissing match. I just pointed out your incredible ego and self-absorption.

Carry on, oh vain one. The world revolves around you.

:roll:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Arp2 wrote:...and someone always falls back on "change the subject" and "attack the attacker."
You mean like correcting grammar and spelling? :lol:

I haven't participated in your 'lil pissing match. I just pointed out your incredible ego and self-absorption.

Carry on, oh vain one. The world revolves around you.

:roll:
Yeah...just like that. So predictable!

Hang on a bit...I'll whip it on you someday soon...show you how silly it looks....

8)

Oh....and it's usually written "li'l."

:lol: :wink:

Oldiesdude

Post by Oldiesdude »

Arp2 may be in love with him self, but he did bring some good things to light. I had just seen the movie Al Gore made. I must say it scared the shit out of me. (not that I had to go wipe).
Arp2 calmed me down some, but not being a very learned man it is hard for me to see just who is thowing the bullshit. All the charts and graphs shown in the movie point to what we as dwellers on the earth (and the one graph, shows just how, "frigging many more of us there are in the last few years", we have to be tipping the needle towards global warming.
In respect to the ozone hole, I thought that was caused by floralcarbons (sic) .... stuff in arosal cans.
I just would like my son & daughter, to be able to endure the shit I and my parents have or had to face.
We are all screwed. And Arp2, will more than likey swoop down and give me a grammer lesson for this post..... see screwed.
I'm just happy to know the Dougger!
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Well, I got as far as the "it's only a theory" bullshit before it started putting me to sleep.
I'll just add this. Gravity is only a theory.
Evolution is a developing theory that best describes all the available facts. I would love to have the contact info for anyone you know who says they can "disprove" evolution. They would make a hilarious guest on my show.
Humans violate the "Law of Thermodynamics" every day. Do we exist?

The difference between people who accept evolution and those who don't is that I'll accept an alternative as soon as it provides better data.
So far, there's nothing better out there.
Though I sometimes lean toward the Hindu theory of the earth being supported by giant elephants.

Oh, I forgot. Repeating my original question. What proof would you accept of human caused global warming? Or is it not really about the science?
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Bob Campbell wrote: Oh, I forgot. Repeating my original question. What proof would you accept of human caused global warming? Or is it not really about the science?
at this point... who's "science" is it? i've heard arguments on both sides of this issue that make sense to me, so i don't know who's cherrios to eat....
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Now there's a good point Zakster. Stories that "make sense to me". There are lots of good stories out there that make sense. The hard part is telling the difference between the ones that are backed up by facts and ones that are not.
This happens to be one of my "geek" things. The evidence for human caused global warming is very solid. I haven't been able to see the same in the opposition. Not as laughable as the anti-evolution crowd, but not as good as the global warming evidence.
And I still ask this question. Either way, what does it hurt to act like it's real and do what we can? I know a lot of folks will lean on the "lazy hillbilly" excuse. "It's too hard to recycle". I'm not givin' up my pickup.
Change is scary. It terrifies all of us. We hate to think we may have to change some aspect of our lifestyles for any reason.
And that's enough seriousness. TITS!!!!!
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I blame George Washington... If he hadn't chopped down that damn cherry tree, we wouldn't be having this discussion. :mrgreen:
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

And none of us were smart enough to pick up on the fact that Sheryl's toile paper comment was a joke taken from a Seinfeld episode!!!!!
Ow, Laurie DAVID. Married to Larry DAVID. OW!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Bob Campbell wrote:Well, I got as far as the "it's only a theory" bullshit before it started putting me to sleep.
Let me know when you finish the rest....no point in going forward until then.
I'll just add this. Gravity is only a theory.
Nope. Gravity is a known mathematical relationship involving mass and distance that can be calculated exactly every time.
Humans violate the "Law of Thermodynamics" every day.

That, too, is false...the Laws of Thermodynamics are never violated. If you're talking about the Second Law, as I was, the addition of or need for human involvement in any system to produce a desired result pretty much proves the Second Law.

Like I said, let me know when you read the rest..... :roll:

Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Gravity IS a theory. Just like evolution. The mathematical calculations are what prove it. And they break down on a quantum level. See: Einstein

Using the "only a theory" dodge means I don't need to read the rest of it.
You still haven't answered the question of what proof you would accept for global warming. I think because you would accept none.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Arp2 wrote:Like I said, let me know when you read the rest..... :roll:
Maybe you should think of a better way of communicating your thoughts. Droning on and on ain't bringing anyone who disagrees with you, to your side of the table.

Better put. You get tuned out.

I've seen photographs of ice ridges that once were, and now aren't. That's all I really needed.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

couldn't it just be the natural evolution of the planet?
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Either way we're screwed, so we might as well do something about it if we can. Rising sea levels and warmer temperatures means drastic changes in the way we live.
Oh yeah....BIG TITS!
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

When it starts to cause a shortage in beer and hot wings let me know.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Bob Loblaw wrote:Better put. You get tuned out.
Likely, but everything was of value. I wanted to take out as much as possible in one fell swoop.
I've seen photographs of ice ridges that once were, and now aren't. That's all I really needed.
Why? Why was that all you needed? Oldiesdude mentioned charts and graphs...you're mentioning pictures....I guess what they've always said about "use visual aids" is true.

Why did you see the pictures you did? Did you see all the pictures? Did you ask about when, where, why, and how? Did you see the pictures of places where no ice was but there now is? Why not? Why are you accepting the "I'll point the zoom lens at what I want to and then crop out everything that doesn't support the story I want to tell" nature of such pictures? I mean, we already know the semi-famous "stranded polar bears" photo is pure BS (it's an older photo with a new, purely made-up caption to give it a BS meaning). Why think and talk nonstop about BS filters on one hand and then give someone with a couple of pictures a free pass on the other? What in you makes you want to believe the pictures and the people who are showing them to you? Why so eager?

Heck, you've just personally experienced some of the coldest and snowiest months in the history of that region. Despite dire predictions of some incredibly warm winter, this past winter saw tens of thousands of low temperature and snowfall records set in all regions of the country and the northern hemisphere. It snowed in Dallas. It snowed just outside of L.A. Orange crops almost as far south as West Palm Beach froze and were ruined. Why ignore all of that?

I'll translate it into sci-speak:

"All of the most-recent, objective, indisputable scientific evidence shows an extraordinarily strong swing down in temperatures. Combine this with the undeniable fact that vast regions of the northern hemisphere saw not a single 90-degree high last summer and not a single storm could muster up enough heat energy to become a hurricane strong enough to make it to the United States despite multiple predictions of 'record numbers,' and we find ourselves with the greatest case for a rapidly-coming ice age that man has ever seen. Never in recorded history have we been this rapidly headed for such a massive tragedy. Ladies and gentlemen, the evidence is in, and the debate is over -- we have a very urgent global-cooling crisis."

Seriously. That's what all the most-recent, objective, indisputable scientific measurements show. You know it...you just lived it! We all just lived it! We must do something....NOW!

Quick...someone make a movie. Preferably, hosted by an out-of-work politico most see as having lost his mind. Be sure to include charts and graphs and lots of pictures and throw in such cool math and science terms as "delta," "deviation," "longitudinal observations," "longitudinal study," "below mean," and so on. Oh....don't forget rumbly orchestral music with heavy emphasis on the double bass and the cello. And feel free to dub in lots of loud sound effects if the natural sound doesn't lend itself to the story you want to tell.

Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Hello!!! Budweiser brewery in Williamsburg. Miller Lite Brewery in Eden, NC

They go under water and we face a serious beer crisis!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Zak Tyler wrote:couldn't it just be the natural evolution of the planet?
One would think evolution-believers would embrace such an idea, but they're in utter panic. Why?

I dunno. Well, actually, I do.

But, anyway, here are three things we know to be 100% true:

1. The sun's activity and output have been a tad higher in recent years.
2. Mars is experiencing the same "warming," and there ain't a single car-driving human or farting cow there.
3. We all learned in school that the earth's orbit drifts a little in and out all the time. We also "wobble" a little. Did we all forget that or something?

fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

we were also taught pluto was a planet, spinach was loaded with iron, and there wasnt a gunman on the grassy gnoll.....
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me