What scares you?

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

CoolBreeze

What scares you?

Post by CoolBreeze »

What scares you? The economy? The war with kooks? Something personal?

For some odd reason this question has entered my mind lately, and the one fear I've had since I was a teen has finally been put to rest:

My greatest fear was living a "normal" life. During the first 5 years on my first marriage, I knew that I was about to disappear into the woodwork.. never to be heard of again. I would simply become a tiny cog in the big wheel, and nobody would know that I had even existed... until my obituary came out in the paper.

I was SO afraid that my obituary would read something like this:

Jerry Waters "went home to be with the Lord"... he was (enter age here)
Jerry worked at DuPont for 40 years and built bird houses during his retirement. He was a member of the Charleston Moose Lodge.

While most people would be happy to live a "normal" life... I just couldnt see that Obit in my future. I had to be a radio guy, a firefighter, a skydiver, a bridge jumper, a motorcycle rider, a sailer, gravedigger, an internet "force", a photographer , traveler and even an "inmate" at the county jail. I had to take chances with my life over and over. I just couldn't allow that personally frightening obituary to be printed.

After this last stint in radio, I'm pretty sure my obit will be far from "normal". My only great fear has finally been put to rest and I can die a happy man. :)
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Cubed Cheese is my greatest fear.

Specifically Colby. That stuff can kill you without warning.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

What scares me? Being an unwilling participant in a bizarre love triangle involving Jay Nunley and Chris Lawrence.

Also, screaming monkeys. Not the cute "BJ and Bear" or "Every Which Way But Loose" kind, but those screaming kind with the big-ass teeth. They remind me of my mother-in-law.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

Goats.
Hoosier Daddy

Re: What scares you?

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

CoolBreeze wrote:My greatest fear was living a "normal" life.

While most people would be happy to live a "normal" life... I just couldnt see that Obit in my future. I had to be a radio guy, a firefighter, a skydiver, a bridge jumper, a motorcycle rider, a sailer, gravedigger, an internet "force", a photographer , traveler and even an "inmate" at the county jail. I had to take chances with my life over and over. I just couldn't allow that personally frightening obituary to be printed.
With a handful of exceptions (I don't do skydiving) you pretty much described my life.

:)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

I am terrified of having an obituary that reads,"went home to be with the Lord".

Skydiving rocks!

I also fear my fiance.
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

I'm pretty much terrified by everything. Dying is easy - I've gaped over that edge more than once. Life is far more frightening.

But I've already accepted that I'll become little more than half a blip in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure I'll be missed by my kids and then, to their kids and beyond, I'll just be another name on the family tree. Feh. With acceptance comes relief.
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
soccerguy

Post by soccerguy »

My fear.....

dying on the toilet mid-loaf.

Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

webdesignguy wrote:My fear ..... dying on the toilet mid-loaf.

That actually happens.

Been there. Seen it.

Don't ask.

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

You saw Elvis die?? Cool! 8)
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Running out of weed.

also

Running.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

This thread. Starting around post number five.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Old people driving.

They drive either 20 under or 20 over the posted speed limit. They either start to signal and slow down approximately one mile before their turnoff, or they use no blinker at all and expect you to read their minds.
Lee

Post by Lee »

K-Rock wrote:Old people driving.

They drive either 20 under or 20 over the posted speed limit. They either start to signal and slow down approximately one mile before their turnoff, or they use no blinker at all and expect you to read their minds.
Fuckin' A!

Or anyone driving in this area for that matter....
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I hate old people.

And kids.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

K-Rock wrote:They either start to signal and slow down approximately one mile before their turnoff
They are all exiting from west bound I-64 onto 29th street too. Every blasted one of them. They start slowing down to 55 mph around Merrits Creek.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

As a cost cutting measure, Toyota will stop making turn signals on cars sold in West Virginia. They figured since nobody uses them anyway, they could save a few bucks by dropping them completely.