I am surprised that someone thought this was not normal.

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

genlock

I am surprised that someone thought this was not normal.

Post by genlock »

SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A man driving an armor-plated military-type vehicle and firing what appeared to be a machine gun mounted on top caused a ripple of panic in suburban Detroit on the Fourth of July.

It turned out the weapon was a modified World War II .50-caliber machine gun that had been converted to fire compressed gas. It produced bright flashes and loud gunfire sounds as the driver, a man in his 40s, drove around Shelby Township.

Recordings of a series of 911 calls capture the fear of residents whose reports of the imposing sight sent officers swarming late Thursday. In one call, bangs similar to the sound of gunshots can be heard.

Police say they arrested the driver and confiscated his vehicle. He was released Friday. Charges are pending.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/Story/22796192/v ... z2YZz1BN8T
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
Tom Taggart

Re: I am surprised that someone thought this was not normal.

Post by Tom Taggart »

Macomb County, north of Detroit. He was just testing out a new vehicle for his commute to downtown Detroit.... :lol:
weaver

Re: I am surprised that someone thought this was not normal.

Post by weaver »

Who wouldn't go armed into Detroit?