Non-Profit

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

genlock

Non-Profit

Post by genlock »

In a press release issued Friday, National Public Radio announced one of the largest staff cuts in its history, 10% of the organization's 840 employees will offered a voluntary buyout. The Washington Post reports that this is due to a "budding financial crisis," including a $6.1 million deficit.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
cgarison

Re: Non-Profit

Post by cgarison »

Isn't the Corporation for Public Broadcasting a quasi-corporation that is supposed to operate independent of the government? And where are the radical political progressives that fund everything that Al Gore supports? huh?

Personally, I think the looming cuts is nothing more than using the budget crisis to cut the pork of the federal government (and all government tentacle organizations) and make them more lean and mean like their corporate counterparts. Then again, I have seen corporations go from "lean and mean" to "anorexic and belligerent" with over cutting and off shoring on 5 occasions in the last 15 years. :roll: I can't wait to get an Indian call center when I have a question about my social security check in 25 years.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.