The Mingo County rabbit hole of corruption

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Lester
Administrator
Administrator

The Mingo County rabbit hole of corruption

Post by Lester »

http://wvmetronews.com/2013/09/20/the-m ... orruption/

I always figured there was more to the story... but I didn't see any of *THIS* coming...
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Re: The Mingo County rabbit hole of corruption

Post by Jay Nunley »

There's even more coming and it is equally surprising.

I'm a baby's breath away from quitting work and writing a book, a work of fiction where I just change names and write this story.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

"Justified" lost Elmore Leonard. Get to writing.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

I should clarify. I'm further away than a baby's breath from quitting work. That was hyperbole in that I am nowhere near quitting work.

Everything I have heard about other developments is only half a step above rumor and innuendo. The only reason it is a half a step above is that this particular rumor mill has been right about most of what has been revealed.

I really am rolling around a way to fictionalize a version of this, rolling into a feud country theme and setting.

No one will ever write like Elmore Leonard. Most authors are easily replaced, emulated, and forgotten. Elmore Leonard is in the group that includes Shakespeare, Dickens, Twain, Steinbeck, and Vonnegut.

The only good news for us is that he left behind enough material and had enough influence on the people who run Justified that there will be enough of Elmore Leonard left to last long enough for the show to run its course. By the way, go read Leonard's old westerns or even some of his weaker efforts like Pagan Babies. No one will ever write like Elmore Leonard.