Bob and Tom to Cumulus Media Networks

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Ace Purple

Bob and Tom to Cumulus Media Networks

Post by Ace Purple »

The nationally syndicated Bob & Tom show will part ways with longtime syndication partner Premiere Networks to join Cumulus Media Networks, effective 1/1/2014.

http://www.ibj.com/bob-tom-show-switchi ... icle/44084
On Twitter: @LouPickney
EZ103.3FM

Re: Bob and Tom to Cumulus Media Networks

Post by EZ103.3FM »

In a related story, Extreme Talk (Channel 243) will be ending on XM (not sure it was ever available to Sirius subscribers) at the end of the day Friday, October 18. Apparently some or all of the other Clear Channel produced channels are going away also, but I just heard the announcements on 243 last night.

It's related because Bob & Tom programming is carried on Extreme Talk nightly from 1-6 AM Tuesday through Friday, Midnight-6 AM on Sunday and Monday and Midnight-8 AM on Saturday. On Tuesday - Saturday it was the previous day's show + 1 hour of 'best of' material. On Sunday it was usually Thursday's show + best of and on Monday it was usually Friday's show + best of. Saturday morning at 6 AM was the same best of the previous week that Bob and Tom terrestrial affiliate stations carried.

The announcement is saying that the Extreme Talk channel can be found through I Heart Radio with key word 'Extreme'. The Clear Channel satellite channels have said something like 'powered by I Heart Radio' for many months.

I don't know if once Bob and Tom leave Clear Channel they won't be on the extreme channel on I Heart Radio any longer unless their home station WFBQ-FM in Indianapolis is on there. Some of their affiliates are on the Tune In Radio app.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra