I've never heard of this word before...

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Greg Goodfellow

I've never heard of this word before...

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

"CRUCIFICATION"

A relatively-new employee at WTOV9, who is primarily a weekend weather person (I don't think she is a meteorologist yet), but is also used during their weekday morning news to report items that are being heavily tweeted. "Son of God" was described by her as describing Jesus's life from his birth to his CRUCIFICATION.

WTOV9 is still the 800-lb. gorilla in the room as it relates to news, but ever since Sinclair took over from Cox, their quality of news reporting has gone somewhat downhill. IF WTRF EVER has a chance to close the enormous chasm in their ratings, NOW would be the time.

IMHO, ever since Eric Minor left, the quality of news reporting has been trending downward. His exit took place around the time of the Sinclair takeover. I don't know if there is a natural cause-and-effect relationship, or it's the general quality of new reporters leaving journalism schools today.

IF there was a producer overseeing this event, he/she may have been thinking what AJ Clemente famously said.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
amayo

Re: I've never heard of this word before...

Post by amayo »

Somewhat reminiscent of the time a novice radio news anchor in Louisville mentioned that a prominent citizen would be 'funeralized on Tuesday'....oy.
:roll:
weaver

Re: I've never heard of this word before...

Post by weaver »

I think the downward trend started when Don Sloan became news director.