Sgt Berghdahl returns

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

genlock

Sgt Berghdahl returns

Post by genlock »

One of Sgt Berghdahls squadmates commented,
Korder also expressed some reservation the military may retaliate against him and other soldiers who signed a nondisclosure agreement to not discuss anything pertaining to Bergdahl and his possible desertion.
So the Army pretty much knew the guy bugged out and they didn't want his buddies in the squad, platoon, company telling the world.
(2nd plt, B Company,1st Battalion, 501 Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade combat team, 25th Infantry Division) Berghdahl has a lot of explaining to do but he will have plenty of coaching at Landstuhl as to what to say. Susan Rice called him a Hero.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
Greg Goodfellow

Re: Sgt Berghdahl returns

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Fox News programs have brought out quite a few folks that haven't shown this soldier any love. He's innocent until proven guilty, but if the talking heads are right, and his ex-platoon members are all telling the truth, he's in for the fight of his life.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
amayo

Re: Sgt Berghdahl returns

Post by amayo »

I'm supremely glad he's been released, but not happy about the five we exchanged for him. I think he has a lot to explain and a lot to answer for regarding his capture. The thing that really grieves me is the number of lives lost by those who tried to find him. I think it's clearly a case of desertion, and possibly a treasonous offense.