Got caught "Cooking the books".

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

genlock

Got caught "Cooking the books".

Post by genlock »

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, criticized for manipulating temperature records to create a warming trend, has now been caught warming the past and cooling the present.

July 2012 became the hottest month on record in the U.S. during a summer that was declared “too hot to handle” by NASA scientists. That summer more than half the country was experiencing drought and wildfires had scorched more than 1.3 million acres of land, according to NASA.

According to NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in 2012, the “average temperature for the contiguous U.S. during July was 77.6°F, 3.3°F above the 20th century average, marking the warmest July and all-time warmest month on record for the nation in a period of record that dates back to 1895.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/30/noaa- ... z369ktguE0
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
cgarison

Re: Got caught "Cooking the books".

Post by cgarison »

The sad truth....

I was at a conference in 2013 listening to a (supposedly) prestigious researcher from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) give a speech regarding how to perform research using grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF) and her exact words were "You have to fake the data." :roll: I questioned this professor and researcher about her statement and she stood by it. So I guess if you want to take money from our government to perform research you have to fake the data to present the results that they want to see from the research.

So why do we think that NOAA and NASA (also present at this conference) would be any different in how they perform their research?
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Next step.
Why even do the research?
Apply for the grant, fake everything, PROFIT.
Am I right?
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

:D

Exactly! With rules like this, It is impossible to peer review the research funded by these grants. Consequently, you can make up what ever you want to say.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

genlock wrote:Next step.
Why even do the research?
Apply for the grant, fake everything, PROFIT.
Am I right?
Yes...it's all about the creation of allies and dependents, not truth.

As a matter of fact, for several years, I've been telling certain friends this: "Almost nothing you see or hear through media or any filter these days is real; the whole world is fake. The whole world...fake....depending which path(s) you enjoy going down or which track(s) you've determined to, well, track, what you're shown is total BS designed either to distract you or to placate you until.....something."
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"