Never, Ever Speed in Virginia

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

cgarison

Never, Ever Speed in Virginia

Post by cgarison »

As I reminded my friends this past weekend while we visited DC Metro area (primarily Chantilly), whatever you do, don't get caught speeding. They take that stuff seriously.

http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-virg ... 1613604053

And FWIW... Based on the number of police I saw in Manassas and Manassas Park, those towns must be tougher than they look with the number of police I saw cruising the streets.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
lastone

Re: Never, Ever Speed in Virginia

Post by lastone »

The "Beltway" and some other areas have cameras....they mail you the ticket! :)
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Speaking of speed cameras in Maryland and DC......

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/08/new- ... #continued

Personally, I think these speed camera are a joke. In the case of Maryland, I can spot their construction zone rig from a good quarter mile out due to the fact they always place a porta potty next to the road to hide the CUV sporting the camera on the front bumper. But on the good side, the tickets in Maryland are only $40.00 and no points. So getting one of those is no big deal in the fact that it only a half tank of gas in either of our full size sedans at the late spring/ early summer 2014 fuel prices.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Post 6000! wOOt!!!! :mrgreen:

Found my answer to Maryland and DC speed cameras.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e70_1359052686

How much trouble could I get into with this. :roll:
The Interpreter

Post by The Interpreter »

You don't EVEN want to know.

Woman across from me received 23 letters of greeting from DC. $125 each. Four from the same day. One for 26 in a 25, another for 16 in a 15.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

The Interpreter wrote:You don't EVEN want to know.
Actually I already knew about that whole steaming heap of trouble. :twisted:

And that is exactly why I do not drive in the District. Metro is just way too easy to board at New Carrolton and then you can let a cab get the ticket as they move you through town.

As a tangent, I am really surprised that DC, Maryland, and (especially) Virginia have not tried to ban the use of Waze. Along I95 it has been useful to me to identify speed traps although it does not work as well along I68 due to the piss poor data connectivity with Verizon and AT&T (Sprint and T-Mo are non-existent in this area.) California has come pretty darn close to banning the app, but the law was overturned by a judge saying that using GPS on a smartphone was not the same as texting or talking on the phone without a handsfree device (which did not help me as I was last in the state while that ban was in effect.)