PAGING MR. ARP. PAGING MR. ARP. PLEASE REPORT TO THE RUBY

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Lester
Administrator
Administrator

PAGING MR. ARP. PAGING MR. ARP. PLEASE REPORT TO THE RUBY

Post by Lester »

Arp2

Re: PAGING MR. ARP. PAGING MR. ARP. PLEASE REPORT TO THE R

Post by Arp2 »

Yeah....I'd heard they were making a movie......

WAIT A MINUTE....IT'S DONE?!?! And in theatres right now??!

Had no idea.....!

(Stopped following Brent Butt on Twitter a year or two ago -- too much tweeting! Tons of self-promotional tweeting and leftist-political tweeting...just too much tweeting! Funny how he needs so much tax relief and government subsidies to get his shows/movies made but that other businesses and people need to pay more...!)

Ah....short/limited run.....meeting the Walmart standard for stocking DVDs (Walmart doesn't carry direct-to-DVD movies; that's why you see so many movies do, like, three days in eight cities)....only Canadian cities....but not in Rouleau?!? Hey, wonder if "I'm going to see a movie" will get you across the border and back without difficulty....

Oh, no.......hackneyed lefty plot:
As residents make one last rally to save Dog River as they know it, they discover a devious plan by a corporate giant that would change life for Dog Riverites forever.
Sheesh.....

I have a way of handling such things....um, I mean a HYPOTHETICAL way of handling such things.....

If producers and stars are so anti-business and pro-income/wealth-sharing, I...um, HYPOTHETICALLY WOULD....make sure their businesses get NO INCOME from me by "acquiring"/"SHARING" the efforts of their labor in a manner that doesn't place them into an ethical quandary about having so much income/wealth!

And, of course, by that, I mean patiently waiting for it to arrive at my local library....... :roll: :?
Following its theatrical release, the 90-minute feature will make its network broadcast debut in December on CTV and CTV GO, following a special preview for The Movie Network and TMN GO subscribers. The movie will also air on The Comedy Network in December (all broadcast dates to be announced), complemented by a special collector’s edition DVD available for purchase before the holidays.
Huh....might be only a few weeks 'til it, uh, arrives at my local library! :mrgreen:

Wow....the "official trailer" doesn't exactly make it look great.......unfortunate.......
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Arp2 wrote:Oh, no.......hackneyed lefty plot:
As residents make one last rally to save Dog River as they know it, they discover a devious plan by a corporate giant that would change life for Dog Riverites forever.
Sheesh.....

I have a way of handling such things....um, I mean a HYPOTHETICAL way of handling such things.....

If producers and stars are so anti-business and pro-income/wealth-sharing, I...um, HYPOTHETICALLY WOULD....make sure their businesses get NO INCOME from me by "acquiring"/"SHARING" the efforts of their labor in a manner that doesn't place them into an ethical quandary about having so much income/wealth!
And how is this different than West Virginia, Kentucky, or even, (gasp) New Jersey or NYC. We hate our corporate overlords and fight to get them out of our back yard. When I was at Massey, the locals would take pot shots at us as we drove down the road in identifiable Company trucks yet welcomed the paychecks that fueled the community. This just tells me that Canada is just as messed up as the United States. At least we are all better off than "EuroLand" across the pond.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

So they put their "movie" about a giant corporation taking over their town into theaters just long enough to get a giant corporation to carry their DVD?
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Lester wrote:So they put their "movie" about a giant corporation taking over their town into theaters just long enough to get a giant corporation to carry their DVD?
:D Sure looks that way........
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"