Time to hack my wife's car????

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

cgarison

Time to hack my wife's car????

Post by cgarison »

I have hacked nearly every computer that has entered our house from the cell phones that we use to the routers that send our traffic across the web. My personal daily driver (Ford Panther Platform) has been chosen purposely because it is a car that is resilient to hacking because I know I would be tempted to do things like I did to my father's 1986 Buick Riviera if I had a car with that level of sophisticated computer system that was that hac......

Hold up....... My wife's car is a "hot rod" of sorts and from the looks of it has a computer system that can be hacked by a script kiddie in middle school. I was in middle school when I hacked that Riviera....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/09 ... or_report/

Yes, it is another link from The Register and no I am not going to hack my wife's car because it is still under warranty for another 70K Miles. :wink:

FWIW... My car has been sufficiently hacked, but the computer is relatively untouched because it needs to pass the annual PA emissions inspection. Which is another reason why I would not hack my wife's car.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.