Walker And The Cheesesteaks

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

The Interpreter

Walker And The Cheesesteaks

Post by The Interpreter »

cgarison

Re: Walker And The Cheesesteaks

Post by cgarison »

The sad part of this whole mess is that anyone who knows anything about Philly knows that only tourists go to Pat's and Geno's in South Philly. (Full disclosure: I have never eaten at or spent any of my hard earned money at either of these establishments.) The most authentic steak (generic term of the base sandwich in Philly) comes from the neighborhood corner deli that is usually no more than 4 blocks from someone's residence. But, if you want to be fancy and show off the gentrified cheese steak to friends and visitors from out of town, then you have to visit some place like Tony Luke's or Steve's Prince of Steaks. (And if you want to act like an "expert" at a gentrified establishment, you order the sandwich with sharp provolone cheese.)

As for the rest of Walker's welcome in the city of brotherly love, you have to remember that Philly is in Pennsylvania and this is the state that brought you SpreadingSantorum.com. So Walker's only hope to find a friend in this town would be to ride over to the Comcast tower and hope that Brian Roberts would give him the time of day, but the last time I looked, the rather conservative Roberts owns MSNBC and you know how those guys feel.

:twisted:
Some personal advice from someone who has been in the Delaware Valley for 10 years (damn that is a long time): Go ahead and throw your friends from out of town for a really fun loop. While they order their cheesesteaks, order a roast pork sandwich with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone for yourself. The reason is that many people who consume a full "half cheesesteak" have terrible belly cramps for the next 24-48 hours and the older you get, the longer those cramps will last. My advice for anyone approaching or past the age of 35, pass on the steak and go for the roast pork.

~Jeepy
who is now old and understands why Granddad avoided steak and kept Metamucil in the cupboard.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.