GTG Huntington April 20 0r 21st

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

cgarison

GTG Huntington April 20 0r 21st

Post by cgarison »

It has been a long while since we have tried to have a GTG of the WVRMB and I am working from the Tri-State next couple of weeks so what day (April 20 or April 21) would be the best to have a sit down and what place would have some good food???
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
genlock

Re: GTG Huntington April 20 0r 21st

Post by genlock »

April 20 is good for me.
Pick a place.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

I'm not that good with places to eat in Huntington like I used to be. I am going to rely upon the expertise of the board to help out.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
genlock

Post by genlock »

I like fat pattys.
The Interpreter

Post by The Interpreter »

I'll be around this Thursday night, but that's probably going to be it for a while.

It's a haul from Frisco.

I hear an Island is opening Saturday. I'll be on my way there.

Probably.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Fat Pattys on Third Avenue and 20th Street is perfect. That is the 'old neighborhood' as they call it back in Philly.

6:30pm or 7:00 pm for time?

The Interpreter wrote:I'll be around this Thursday night, but that's probably going to be it for a while.

It's a haul from Frisco.
What is funny is that I just got back from working in Mason, OH. :-) Who would have thought that would be the software development office that I support.

Fair warning on making reference to that large city by the bay in NorCal as 'Frisco' as the native population goes absolute nuts when outsiders use that term. The vast majority of locals in San Francisco and Silicon Valley use 'Ess-Eff' as the term to refer to the city although East Bay folk (Richmond, Berkley, Oakand, El Cerrito, Alameda, etc) use the term SanFran. I personally lean towards 'SanFran' but I listen more to East Bay folk more than Silicon Valley folk.

And don't worry about making trips in this direction because my brother-in-law lives in Cupertino and my wife and I pledged to each other that we need to make more trips to Bay Area. So as long as you are willing to meet up with us at the El Camino Real Hobee's in Palo Alto and then we can wonder around the Stanford Campus making fun of 'nerd nation' and their bicycles riding about campus and then giggle at all the nude Rodin statues in the Quad and museum, then we have an afternoon planned. (For the record, my wife is a Stanford Alumna so she is familiar with my angst with that institutions lack of educational structure.) I might also be in Berkley later this year to ride the California Zypher to Sacramento to visit the California Train Museum, but I am not 100% certain if that trip is going to take place.
genlock

Post by genlock »

6:30 for me is ok
wed or thurs?
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Either day works for me. It's your choice.
genlock

Post by genlock »

WED at 6:30 pm , Fat Pattys near Marshall.