Piketon Murders: Hillbilly Justice?

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

The Interpreter

Piketon Murders: Hillbilly Justice?

Post by The Interpreter »

Perhaps the most fascinating article I've read in weeks:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 01357cbfb0

From Australia...
cgarison

Re: Piketon Murders: Hillbilly Justice?

Post by cgarison »

I still don't believe the Mexican drug cartel angle. If I apply the logic of using information from similar stories I have heard throughout Appalachia (eastern KY, West Virginia, western Virginia) over the last 20 years, my first guess was that of a family feud with the feuding parties very likely to be different branches of the same family.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

In the last 15 minutes, I have a really bad feeling about latinos and crime, esp. in Appalachia. Just my gut feeling from an alert that came across my local news apps.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
genlock

Post by genlock »

WILLIAMSON, W.Va. (AP) — A sheriff says a man has been arrested in the death of a former coal company executive found shot at a West Virginia cemetery where his wife is buried.

Mingo County Sheriff James Smith said Tuesday that 20-year-old Anthony Arriaga was being held on a homicide warrant in Allen County, (Lima) Ohio. Smith says the suspect is being held in Monday's shooting of 59-year-old Bennett K. Hatfield.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."