KTLA Weather

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

The Interpreter

KTLA Weather

Post by The Interpreter »

I'm not sure what to say:

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/05/were- ... tla-anchor

Watch it yourself.
genlock

Re: KTLA Weather

Post by genlock »

I saw nothing wrong with her outfit.
Have you ever watched the weather from the Central American stations?
Her attire would be considered Catholic Conservative there.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
The Interpreter

I agree.

I actually wondered if someone was drunk or just engaging in small time on air sexual harassment.
The Interpreter

cgarison

Post by cgarison »

WTF???

Something about this does not seem right because there had to be a producer and/or a director involved in this interaction. Plus, the zing from the co-anchor and having the sound effects queued up to play....

Seems like a stunt to draw attention to the morning show just backfired and the male anchor falls on the sword in front of the public.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

The dress is inappropriate in that it's not appropriate for doing a TV newscast, not that it was showing too much for doing the weather in LA.

The mics of the anchors staying open is a little curious.....whether they're running on a computer or with real humans in the control room, that required a little effort.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
genlock

Post by genlock »

The KTLA morning show is just that; a "show". The LA morning shows are very competitive
and have descended into more of a 3 stooges comedy routine than news. The most serious
thing you will see on those shows is a car chase. I was surprised that the weather girl was
not more outlandish than she was. I am sure she is a scientist.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Exactly. Just like (WTXF) FOX29 in Philly, this morning show is just a television version of a 'morning zoo' with cuts to news instead of Top40 hits or classic rock tracks. They even had the morning zoo sound effects in the KTLA clip.

When these local FOX morning shows are fighting for ratings with the likes of Today and Good Morning America, they have to do something to keep the viewers interested in local with the three ring circus variety shows that take place at the network level beyond the first hour of their broadcasts. In this case, the comedic bit using a sexy cocktail dress fell flat on the audience.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.