Engineer Gerwig Update

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

lastone

Engineer Gerwig Update

Post by lastone »

WOWK engineer Charles Gerwig is still in rehab at Health South following a massive stroke on January 27th. His progress has been steady but slow. Those who know Charles know he won't ask for help. However, the family has let it be known they are now having dire financial problems. The Barboursville Fire department (of which Charlie is a long time member) will be having a boot drive in the near future on behalf of the family. Perhaps local radio could help too? As far as I can tell, WOWK hasn't even mentioned he's sick. The Gerwigs have a daughter in high school.
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
philo

visit

Post by philo »

Charles was at the station today. He's walking with a cane, and can lift his left arm over his head and move his fingers. This is a great improvement over his visit last month. He's looking forward to returning to work as soon as he possibly can.
rfhertz

Post by rfhertz »

I am so glad to hear that. Charles is a gifted engineer who loves his work.
oldtvman2

Post by oldtvman2 »

knowing WOWK I wonder if they will ever take Charles back. I heard that they are having trouble finding engineers. They did let Diane Stein come back after her stroke. Charles is a great engineer. He has most of the station inside his head. He didn't like to put the things he did on paper. last night i thought he just might be back to work at the station, the station went off the air for a few minuets, Charles had a lot of trouble accidently opening up the audio and video lines when working on something. he liked to work on things while the news was on the air instead of just waiting till the news was over. Again I wish the best for Charles is a gifted engineer
REV. ED
lastone

Post by lastone »

Charlie's recovery has been good up to a point. He is very upset he hasn't recovered more. He is one year older than I am but has aged ten years since the stroke. It is sad that further progress will be hard and slow. Although he will most likely not return to work in any regular fashon, I suggest "consulting" with him will give him a 'boost'. The photographic memory apears to still be there. Being needed can only give him hope. Something he needs a lot of right now.
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.