COPPER THIEVES HIT BARBOURSVILLE

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

lastone

COPPER THIEVES HIT BARBOURSVILLE

Post by lastone »

Earlier this week two men walked down the streets of Barboursville cutting copper from power poles. One would reach up and cut the ground wire while the other held the bag. They were actually brazen enough to speak to homeowners as they walked by. After being called twice, the B'ville police caught them burning the wire on MAIN STREET!

Today I noted the grounds still hanging loose from the poles and asked AEP if they even knew. The response I got was "....I'm sure the police reported it to us....they're good about that....". :?:

For those of you who don't know....if enough of the "pole" grounds are missing it is possible to get "high line" voltage in your house should your house ground go (or be) bad. :!:

UPDATE:
An AEP truck drove by later that day. I guess they'll wait until someone's fridge dances out the door before they'll actually take a closer look in the area. (Or someone gets shocked connecting their water hose.)
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.