ABC Citadel turning off AM IBOC

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Force Commander

ABC Citadel turning off AM IBOC

Post by Force Commander »

A speedbump for AM digital: Citadel/ABC halts nighttime IBOC

Citadel/ABC engineering exec Martin Stabbert circulates a memo asking the group's AM stations to suspend nighttime HD Radio transmission until they can do further work with iBiquity to reduce adjacent-channel interference. The FCC allowed nighttime AM digital as of September 14 - and the complaints have mounted up. Citadel/ABC's turnabout affects only nighttime AM operation, whose physics are very different from daytime AM, because of the potential for long-range interference as the sun goes down and the atmosphere cools. There's already a lively discussion on the HD Radio part of the Radio-Info message boards.

http://www.radio-info.com/news/

posted on radio-info.com 10/2/2007
"We are the CC Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your broadcast stations. We will add your biological and creative distinctiveness to our own. Your broadcast personality will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
David Paleg

Re: ABC Citadel turning off AM IBOC

Post by David Paleg »

Force Commander wrote: There's already a lively discussion on the HD Radio part of the Radio-Info message boards.
There's already a discussion about it on this message board called "AM IBOC- Death to low power night station," including the Citadel announcement.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."