Anyone wild over 'Wild Blue?'

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Greg Goodfellow

Anyone wild over 'Wild Blue?'

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Folks, even though Time Warner acquired our cable from Adelphia over a year ago, nothing has been done to give us their RoadRunner broadband service. Verizon is still not doing anything for us. Consequently, wifey and I are investigating satellite internet. Does anyone have WildBlue? If so, are you happy with it? I know that sometimes it won't be on, due to weather. I could live with that, if outages were as uncommon as currently with sat tv.

Also, does anyone receive TV over the internet?

Thanks, folks!
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

i get lots of tv over the internet, just click on the torrent of the show I wanna watch... :lol: (I would never do that) :lol: but seriously.... I've heard mixed reviews on sat internet, its a bummer if you play any online games other than poker..
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I have experience with Hughes Net. It is better than dial-up but in my opinion, not worth the substantial cash they want you to shell out. I have never heard of WildBlue. I am using the googles now to find out about it.
nuggie99

Post by nuggie99 »

What kind of cellular phone service service do you get? We can't get cable or DSL (I live in the boonies), but we bought an air card from Cingular. It's much better than dialup, but not as good as cable or DSL. On the other hand, we only get about 3 bars. If you have a strong 5 bars or a newer tower, it might be better.

We had actually purchased a Starband system, but it was going to cost more to install it than it was worth, at least to us.

Edit to clarify: It was going to cost around 700 to install on top of about the same for the actual equipment. That's been a few years ago, though.