Imus Technical Crash-and-Burn

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Cameron

Imus Technical Crash-and-Burn

Post by Cameron »

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... crash.html

On RFDTV, 12/05/07, as of 6:08am...still big technical problems.

It's kinda' painful to watch. Lots of bad and extraneous audio.

There's something feeding-back into the phone system that gives you a cool flying saucer sound effect. Also you could hear, on the air, the crosstalk of an ATT cell phone "checking-in" crossing with the telephone audio.

Imus is bitchin' up a storm on the air.

The Al Sharpton employment agency is now well represented. Unfortunately, the sports guy can't read. I think there's better talent in market number one. If you hire a comedian to read sports, check to see if he can read. Also, the day after the Ravens-Patriots game, when Imus' "sports-guy" was asked if he knew the final score, he didn't.
In the football-rabid Northeast...after one of the most exciting games in recent NFL history...with a computer to his left...he had no idea.
"I believe there was some controversy with the officials." Market number-one, kids. (+260 some-odd affiliates). Karith Foster, Imus' second new-add, has contributed two words in 1 hour...oh and a giggle. When she did speak, she volunteered her knowledge, or lack thereof, of the Mormon religion. "I think the Mormons know the guy who wrote their bible."

Oh man...there's still some bad technical...f-ups...this may be the best new comedy show on television.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear