Anyone else get this email from Radio World?

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Force Commander

Anyone else get this email from Radio World?

Post by Force Commander »

Sell all those ads in the magazine and now I get to chip in for postage?
Thank you for being a loyal subscriber to Radio World Newspaper, published by NewBay Media. We appreciate the time you are taking to read this email.

Over the last three years, postage has increased significantly. We make every effort to bear the full burden of the rising costs, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to continue producing a quality publication and providing it free of charge.

We are asking each of our loyal subscribers to split the costs of the annual postal increase with us. We will continue to provide Radio World Newspaper to you, 26 times annually and ask in return that you provide $5.00 to cover half of the annual postage cost.

We appreciate your understanding in regards to rising postage
costs. We continue to strive to provide with the same quality
that you’ve come to know.

Please click here to go to our online payment center.

Or you may mail us a personal check to:

Radio World Newspaper
810 Seventh Ave., 27th Floor
New York, NY 10019
"We are the CC Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your broadcast stations. We will add your biological and creative distinctiveness to our own. Your broadcast personality will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
David Paleg

Re: Anyone else get this email from Radio World?

Post by David Paleg »

Thank you for being a loyal listener to insert call letters here, owned by insert media giant here. We appreciate the time you are taking to read this email.

Over the last three years, electricity costs has increased significantly. We make every effort to bear the full burden of the rising costs, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to continue broadcasting a quality radio station and providing it free of charge.

We are asking each of our loyal listeners to split the costs of the annual power company increase with us. We will continue to provide insert call letters 24 hours a day and ask in return that you provide insert proportionate amount of electrical bill based on latest book to cover half of the annual electricity cost.

We appreciate your understanding in regards to rising power costs. We continue to strive to provide with the same quality that you’ve come to know.

Please click here to go to our online payment center.

Or you may mail us a personal check to...
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I used to subscribe to Radio World. I used to think I was a radio badass. I used to strut into the office with MY PERSONAL COPY of Radio World. I would show the receptionist how badass I was by showing her MY NAME on the mailing label.

She was unimpressed.

She had just dropped about 50 copies in each staff member's mail box.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To be green again....
lastone

Post by lastone »

I like the paper and considered the request. But....then came another email saying they are giving addresses to third parties and offered an opt out.

Would not selling the names/addresses be more income? Something is not right with this bunch. :roll:
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
contracteng

Post by contracteng »

I think I will wait to see if they drop me from the mailing list if I don't pay.
t